Chapter 1: Junior

I was walking with my two friends, Bugs, and Daffy. We were heading to the ice cream shop to get some ice cream, even though Daffy complained about it at first due to his "diet." It didn't stop him getting the most over-the-top sundae the shop had to offer. I and Bugs look at him like he's mad.

"Guys this is honestly the best ice cream I've ever had," Daffy spoke as he kept shoving ice cream in his mouth. "Are you gonna pay for-" Daffy cut the ice cream shop worker off by throwing her an expired grocery store gift card and two pennies. The girl was horrified and I stood there with my ice cream trying so desperately not to laugh. Bugs, being the nice guy he is, pays for all of us. "Sorry about him, he's insane." Bugs apologized to the girl, to which the duck retaliates but then gets distracted of how good his ice cream was. The girl tells us that Daffy was fine and that she dealt with worse customers. After she finished assembling our ice creams, she gave us some extra napkins, it was a hot day and the ice creams will melt quickly.

The three of us walked out of the shop, ice cream in hands (except for Daffy due to him finishing it earlier). I had not been friends with these two for very long and this was third time hanging out, I was enjoying every moment of it. These two would bicker like an old married couple but then treat each other like brothers. It was hard to keep up sometimes.

I met Bugs first through a dog-sitting advertisement. He needed someone to watch his dog Taz while he and his girlfriend went out of town for the weekend. I remember meeting Bugs, he gave me the full rundown on how to take care of Taz. He also let me know about his roommate Daffy and how he could cause me trouble or annoy me. Taz was definitely not a dog, and I knew how dangerous he was. I stayed up at night researching the Tasmanian Devil and then I knew how to properly take care of Taz, even though he clearly had a mind of his own. Bugs told me that I was the best dog-sitter and he would reach out to me again.
Ever since then, I dog-watched for Bugs and we stayed in touch since, becoming great friends.

Bugs eats his ice cream, but Daffy was eyeing it. "What?" He asked the duck in a monotone voice.
"You got the most disgusting flavor, and you're enjoying it! You're disgusting to me!" Daffy sarcastically says as he makes a huge scene about it. Me and Bugs watch him as if he were some solo performer. "Who cares? Besides, I don't want to hear you complaining, Mister 'Give me the biggest sundae you have!'" Bugs fired back at Daffy. Now I started to laugh, remembering the girl's face when Daffy ordered everything.

"You're just jealous that I can house that large amount of ice cream down," Daffy smirks." "Only some alien creature would eat your ice cream."

We heard the door bell to the ice cream parlor open, revealing no other than Marvin the Martian holding a cone with the same flavor Bugs had gotten. Daffy looked horrified. Marvin walks over to us, looking at Daffy. "Ah, and here I thought only Martians liked that flavor, fascinating." Marvin speaks as he takes a bite from his ice cream; even though I do not know how he eats considering he has no mouth.

"Yeah it's my first time trying it, very good!" Bugs tells us. Daffy cringes as he swipes Bugs's ice cream on the pavement. I decided to speak up for once.
"Daffy what the heck man?!"
"Well maybe you two should go hang out with junior, since I'm apparently irrelevant to this friend group!" Daffy shouts at us.
"Oh, don't be dramatic now." Marvin chimes in. "We're all friends here, even though I want to destroy you all." Marvin adds in.

The three of us look at the Martian. I was rather taken back about what Marvin had just said. Then Daffy and Bugs crack up, laughing in Marvin's face. "IMAGINE THAT!" Daffy cries out, wiping a tear. Bugs holds his stomach and holds his ice cream in the other, even though Daffy had slapped his ice cream on the street. "That'd be the day!"

Marvin becomes angry as he looks at the two rolling on the sidewalk in laughter. I stand there looking at him in fear. He looked like he wanted to kill them. "Stop laughing Earth creatures!" Marvin pouts.

Daffy starts to wheeze, slamming his fists down. "Imagine all of humanity wiped out from this nerd!"
"Sound the nerd alert, the nerd herd is coming!" Bugs adds in, making the two laugh even harder.

Turning his hands into fists, Marvin throws his hands down his sides. He begins to shake up in anger and embarrassment.

"Okay guys stop it's not funny anymore." I try to get them to stop, but to no avail, they were still dying of laughter.

"No way! I'm confused why you aren't laughing!" Bugs laughs, dropping his ice cream.

"Okay, okay, (Y/N) is right." Daffy says, standing up and wiping the sidewalk dust off of him. Bugs still sat on the sidewalk, disappointed that the joke ended. Marvin begins to somewhat relax. However things became even worse. Daffy picks up Bugs's ice cream and smudges it on Marvin's helmet. "Daffy!" I snapped at him.
Marvin becomes enraged, swiping the ice cream off of him. He glares daggers at the two, even at me. I was puzzled on why he gave me that look when I wasn't laughing or making fun of him. I felt bad for him. The two begin laughing again, but I walked over to Marvin, holding out my napkin that came with my ice cream. "Here I have a napkin, let me help you!" I offer to him, but he slaps the napkin from my hand and then steps back away from me.

"Never, ever lay your filthy hands on me, disgusting creature." Marvin sneers at me, making my blood run cold all the sudden.

"Hey, she was tryna help ya Doc. What's the big idea?" Bugs says sticking up for me. "Oh I'll show you, filthy rodent." Marvin slips his hand behind his back, looking as if he were reaching for a hand gun or a laser. Daffy screams ear-piercingly loud and sprints away. I back away as Bugs stands there with a smug look on his face. Marvin then has a questioning look on his face, then a worried one, then a annoyed look. "Oh crumbs! I left my disintegrating pistol on my ship again." Marvin face palms himself in self-annoyance. Bugs rolls his eyes and shuts his face helmet closed on him.
"Better luck next time, shorty." Bugs says in a snarky manner. He turns to me and tells me to follow him.

I ended up following Bugs, but I didn't want to. I wanted to stay and help Marvin clean the mess off his helmet and buy him a new ice cream. I wished I had stayed there, even if he retaliated it. I should had because what would happen would be chaotic to all of us. Marvin's words kept repeating in my head, making me afraid of him.

As I walk away from him, I turn back to see Marvin examining the napkin I offered him.