"I know, bruh. I knew this would end up happening but I had to give Hailey the long awaited ass whooping that she deserved. Malachi got lucky, because if he would've came to school earlier I would've let him have it too. I gives no fucks, these hands are bisexual." She told her cousin. "Anyways, what's been up?"

"Nothing much. The drama at school has died down but people still talk about it every now and then. Oh yeah! Girl, tell me why I came out of the building at dismissal time and Zealand was posted up by my car." Xavia exclaimed.

"Ugh, what the fuck did he want?" Arnecia questioned, jerking her neck back.

"He apologized to me and tried to give me a hug when I said I accepted his apology. I must've dodged that hug so damn fast! I'm like sir, just because I forgave you doesn't automatically make us cool again. I'm gonna make him feel guilty as hell."

"As you should! He was out of line for doing you the way he did. I really- oh shit, my momma just came home. I'll call you later, love you!" Niecey quickly said before hanging up the phone.

Xavia slightly chuckled. Typical Arnecia, always doing something she had no business doing. She didn't blame her, though. Three months without a phone? Pure torture.

Just as she was about to hop on TikTok, an incoming call startled her. It was Rashon.

She waited until the fourth ring to pick up. "Hello?"

"Hey beautiful." His voice said on the other end of the phone, making Xavia smile.

"Hey Rashon, what'cha doooing?" She dragged out, sounding like Isabella from Phineas & Ferb.

"Shit, chilling. I just came home from practice so I'm sore, but it's all good. What you up to?"

"Nothing much, about to go to the beauty supply since I ran out of edge control and wrap strips."

"Oh, okay. You had a good day today?" He asked.

"Yeah, it was pretty chill. What about you?"

"Yeah, my day was decent. I'm ready for Christmas break though, I'm not even gone lie."

"We just came back from Thanksgiving break though." Xavi laughed, grabbing her car keys.

"I know, but still. I'm just fed up with school. Senioritis is real, man. I'm ready to graduate like yesterday."

"I felt that. If I could, I'd fast forward to May. I can't wait to walk across that stage and never have to look back. What are your plans after high school?"

"I'm planning on going to barber school, but if I don't then i'm heading off to the Military." Rashon told her as he got settled in his room.

"Wow. Military, huh? You aren't scared?"

He shrugged as if she could see her. "Nah. Ain't too much on this earth that could scare me. I done seen some shit."

They talked more about their futures and goals they wanted achieve as Xavia left the house to hit up the beauty supply. Rashon was pretty much an open book, answering any questions that she may have had. He was a great conversationalist, and seemed to be very knowledgeable.

As the conversation went on, the topic of health and wellness came up which made Rashon become tense. Though Xavi couldn't see him, she could tell that something was wrong by the tone of voice he was now using.

"Xavia, I need to tell you something important. This is gonna be hard for me to say but I need to just let you know straight up. As much as I like you and want to keep seeing you, I gotta be honest."

"Okay.." She trailed off, easing her foot on her brakes as she came to a red light. "What is it?"

"I um..I got herpes."

••

"Zealand, what's sex?" Harmony asked, barging in her brothers room. Zealand choked on the water he was drinking as his eyes went wide.

"Say what now?"

"My friend Zoey told me that her mommy and dad were having sex last night. I know that's how babies are made, but what exactly happens during sex?"

"Uhh.." He trailed off, still trying to catch his breath. "Well, um." Zee stammered as he tried to find the right words to say.

"Hey y'all, I brung home Popeyes!" Draya poked her head inside of the room.

"Why don't you ask TiTi." Zealand quickly said, giving her a faint smile.

"Ask TiTi what?" Draya questioned, clueless as to what was happening.

"Your niece here wants to know what sex is." Zee told her, making her mouth hang open.

"I-Uh-"

"You two have fun, I'm about to go chow down on that chicken." Zealand quickly left the room, leaving just his aunt and sister.

When he got to the kitchen, he let out a relieved sigh. Thank goodness he was able to finesse his way out of having that conversation. Zee was not the right person to explain the birds and the bees to Harmony. Hell, he barely knew how sex worked his damn self.

TBC...
___________________

I know, I know. I've been M.I.A but let's not focus on that. I'm back now 🌚.

This was just a filler chapter.

Thoughts?

Excuse any mistakes.