Chapter four

3rd person pov

It was a dark and clear night. The moon was high in the sky not a cloud in the sky. The streets where empty of people except for the sound of someone running down the street in a panic. The person in question was a young Miko was running away from something or someone.

"Someone please help me!" The shrine maiden shouted while continuing  to run down the street. She ran a few more streets until she came to a dead end in a ally way. A dark looming figure blocked her only way of escape from the alleyway.

"No stay away from me." The Miko said as she used her magic and spells on the dark figure but it wasn't doing anything to it. The figure walked closer before it raised a creppy shadow like hand holding up what looked like a red gem as it began to glow brightly illuminating the alleyway as the young Miko let out a terrifying scream before there was silence and the Miko was no longer there but inside the gem.

"You have done well my friend." Said another figure walking into the alleyway as the shadow figure turned and bowed before handing the gem to it's master.

"Another Miko added to the collection soon I'll have enough to bring back my fallen master Lady Ginshio." The person said before leaving with the shadow figure in a portal of darkness.

The next morning Suzaku was at Rei's shrine visiting while watching the news report.

"in other news another Miko was reported missing last night. This is the seventh disappearance  this month. Sources believe that the strange disappearances are only targeting shrine maidens we have more details for you at a later hour." The news caster said before Suzaku turned the tv off.

"That's a total of seven so far in the last month. Who Is behind these kidnappings anyway?" Suzaku asked himself while sipping on some tea.

"I had asked around myself but it seems that no one has a clue on whos behind it." Rei replied walking into the room and sitting down.

"I'm at a lost myself Rei it feels like I know this but it just slips away." Suzaku said

"I'm sure you figure it out my lord and I help anyway I can." Rei said.

"I thank you for the support Rei but don't worry about me I should be worrying about you I mean don't get me wrong or anything I know your a sailor scout and all but you still are a shrine maiden after all." Suzaku said being lost in thought.

"Oh my I didn't realize the time I have to get to school." Rei said a she stood up.

"Shall I escort you then?" asked Suzaku.

"No I think I can handle a simple walk to school why don't check out the other shrines just in case my lord to be on the safe side." Rei replied.

"I like that idea and be safe out there okay?" Suzaku asked

"I will same to you my lord." Rei replied as the both of them went their seperate ways for now.

Suzaku's Pov

I walked around town thinking to myself who or what was behind this and why? At first I thought it might be the devils or the fallen angels considering there's been a lot of activity in the last few days but I didn't want to assume but like Sherlock Holmes once said Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. Wise words for a man of his time but still I had to remain on guard. A beast lord with no land to or people to protect is not a beast  lord at all. I had notify my brother and sisters and all of them had the same problem as I have. 

"Man this sucks." I said to myself before I bumped into a women.

"Oh excuse me I didn't see where I was going." I said as I look at the women in the red dress. She was very beautiful she carried herself with pride and dignity but I sense a lot of magic coming off her very powerful magic indeed.