Chapter 8

^^^^Skylar's dress. S/O to my boo LadyK30 for showing it to me.

Excuse the mistakes... I'll go back and edit later....

Enjoy. ❤️❤️❤️

---

Skylar

I stood there, looking at myself in the long mirror in the washroom. I arrived at the ballroom twenty minutes ago and I've been hiding in the washroom ever since.

"Wow, Skylar. You look beautiful."

I turned to see Amy standing in the other mirror, reapplying make up. I gave her a warm smile. "Thank you. You look great yourself."

"Thanks. Well I have to get back out there. See you later." She put the finishing touches on her lips and left out.

"Skylar, just go out there and mingle," I coached myself, pinning my hair out of my face. I took a deep breath and walked out of the washroom, joining everyone else. The ballroom decor was elegant and elaborate. Every little detail was persist. Whoever they hired did a very good job.

"Wine?" A server came by and offered. I accepted, taking a glass and thanking him. I stood to the side, watching others as the mingled amongst each other.

"Looking for someone?"

I turned to my right expecting Chase but instead saw Chance. "Nope. Not at all."

He had a smirk on his face like he knew something but I didn't question it. I'm not sure if I even trust him.

"Nice seeing you but I'm going to find me seat." I excused myself from his presence. He just made me feel uncomfortable. In the process of finding my seat I bumped into Mr. LaCore and who I'm assuming is his wife.

"Ms. Williams, I'm glad you could make it tonight," he said as he extended his hand. I shook it of course as well as his wife's. She held my hand a little longer than usual, smiling.

"You have such a beautiful complexion. And your skin, it looks so soft." she raised her hand to touch my face and as natural reflex, I flinched. "Are you alright sweetheart?"

"Uh, yes ma'am. I just get chills." I laughed, playing it off. Mr. LaCore walked off to talk business. Soon after Chase walked up and kissed his mother's cheek. "Good evening mother."

"Ohhh, we'll don't you look handsome," she cooed pinching his cheeks. I gave him a quick glance over and just looking at him did something to me. He wore a black tailored suit, with a light grey button down and a plum tie. He discreetly gave me this look, licking his lips.

"Chase, you know Ms. Williams right?" She asked, basically placing my hand in his. "Yes, I know Ms. Williams. Nice seeing you again."

"Likewise."

"Ahhh, Chase I was just telling Ms. Williams how beautiful she looks. Don't you think?"

He glared at her and I looked at both of them crazy. This family is weird as hell.

"Well, I'm a go find your father." She walked away, leaving Chase and I standing alone. We just looked at one another, not uttering a word. I took a sip from my wine glass. He leaned in very close to my ear. I'm pretty sure people from a far were wondering what was going on. "Meet me upstairs in the gallery room in five mins."

Before I could protest, he walked off leaving me standing there looking dumbfounded. What the hell just happened?

Chase

I had only been around my family all of thirty minutes and every single one of them were pushing my limits. My father asking about if I brought a date, my mother wants to be a match maker and Chance is being messy and his new girlfriend, ugh, no matters or respect. The only person who isn't working my nerves is Amy and that's why she's my favorite.

I downed the rest of my drink and grabbed another one. I had to have some sort of relaxation if I planned on being here all night. Amy approached me just as u downed my third glass for the night.

"That bad huh?" She teased, wrapping one arm around my waist. I sighed, shaking my head. "You don't even know the half of it."

"Well, your night is about to get worst," she said, pressing her lips together. Ah hell, what could be worse than this.

"How so?" I asked with a rose brow.

"Alison's here."

I gritted my teeth, controlling myself. "Chase, calm down," Amy said grabbing my face. I had self control but when you're around a conniving, two timing whore like Alison, it takes you to a whole other plan.

"I'm going to the bar. I'm a need something a lot stronger than the wine." I walked over to the bar and ordered a double shot of Scotch before heading up to the gallery. On the way up I spotted Skylar heading inside the gallery room.

Skylar

Looking around the gallery, it was empty. I figured Chase would be here soon so I helped myself to viewing some of the art pieces. I found it fascinating what one could do with a paint brush.

"Hey, I remember you. You held the cab for me today," a female voice said behind me. I turned to see the lady from earlier. I smiled at her. "Glad you made it to your destination."

"Hey babe, there you are," I heard a familiar voice that made my skin crawl. At this moment I wanted to die. I wanted to find the nearest exit and just disappear. Once he realized who I was, he stared down at me. "Skylar."

"Kenny."

He girlfriend looked between us confused. "You know him?"

"Yeah, me and Skylar go back," he smirked, downplaying the situation. I scoffed, shaking my head. "What he means is, he used to beat my ass on a regular."

She choked on her drink and his smirk went away. "Oh I'm sorry. Did you not know that you're an abuser?"

He pointed in my face. "Careful with your words."

"Or what? You'll hit me?" I challenged. It may be the wine that has me like this but it was definitely bold of me.

"Sky, there you are. I've been looking for you," Chase came up, resting is hand on my lower back.

"Chase?"

"Alison..."

"So you two know each other?" Kenny asked, looking back and forward between the two. She looked as if she was going to piss her pants. "He's my ex fiancé."

Well isn't this some shxt.....