8

Tw

Notes at the end

Some time had passed and Harry fell deeper and deeper into his Christmas crisis. He couldn't decide what lights he should get for the facade of the house or what colour he wanted the tree to be themed this year. Last year he and Gemma chose classical Red and white, but now that he lived alone he wanted to make it special, and personalised.

"What about those?" Anne came back with a shopping cart full of green and red ornaments, it reminded Harry of the grinch, not that it was something bad, he liked the movie but no those colours would not be mixed in his living room on his tree. "Or maybe white and silver?" Casual but elegant. Harry's lips shifted into a smile as he followed his mom down the corridor, pulling the cart behind him.

He had already picked some fluffy blankets, huge pillows and warm fuzzy socks spread with little sugarcanes and reindeers. There was such a large selection, that Anne and he had already spent two hours in that store and they weren't even halfway through. Some street musicians played Christmas songs and the cold air smelled like roasted almonds.

It reminded Harry why he lived Christmas time so much. The whole world was covered in white, outside, while in Harry's house it was warm and cosy, smelling like cookies, that he was baking at the moment. Harry couldn't wait to finally get a tree, he had already made some space for it.

Harry watched the snowflakes fall from the dark sky through the window. Cuddled up underneath two blankets in his bed, he was reading a book Zayn had recommended him some time ago and drinking hot chocolate. But no matter how many blankets he layered his feet were still freezing.

A bright light fell through the window, it was a car, the same car that had arrived multiple times this now and always left late at night. Harry hated the sound of it. Atleast he hadn't heard them. The guy Louis replaced him with was called Luke and he's a med student, that was all he knew and to be honest he didn't want to know more.

Niall had told him that it looks pretty serious between the two, and Harry didn't want to get between that so he decided to leave it alone. This whole 'friends with benefits' thing was good, very fucking good he drifted into his thoughts for a second. Seriously? He has to grow up and get into something serious, otherwise, he may end up alone. God no, he didn't want that.

-

It was sowing so much Harry rather chose to walk to school, traffic was probably a mess today. Niall joined him. Harry couldn't help but sneak a look over to see if Louis was taking the car and if someone was with him. Niall talked about Sarah the whole way, he had still a really big crush, and Harry must admit, the last few times Sarah came over to hang up she asked a lot of questions.

Harry felt like the one friend passing around infromations about his friends. And a small part of him felt like he was back in middle school and all of its drama. But Harry couldn't blame him, he wasn't better with his situation with Louis. And Niall knew that, he would lie if he'd say he didn't notice the sudden behaviour change between them.

"I think you should talk to her."

Harry suggested entering the halls of the university, it was the only place where it felt like in the middle of the year, no decorations, no lights nothing, just white walls and many plain rooms. Only their clothing showed at least that it was winter, oh and the snowflakes sprinkling off their thick layer of clothes.

Atleast Harry didn't have many lessons that day, only three and then he might be going to the library, he needed some more books to study for an exam. The first lesson passed and Harry was just on the way to get some food as Louis passed him giving him a sharp glance and then on purpose bumped his shoulder against Harry's. Harry stopped, clenching his jaw trying to keep calm.