𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞, it was the crackling of the fire. 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞, it was his adrenaline. What he did know was that he felt different. The boy stood with his sister, an older man, and Eren, the boy who saved him. His mind replayed the day that had led to the current events.

Everything had started OK and was fine 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 about midday. It was raining, and The boy sat down at the kitchen table. His mother and sister talked as he listened, knowing the woman was talking to him too. Whenever she would say the word "YOU," referring to either one of them, she would look between the twins. The two females were making clothes of sorts, he presumed.

Mikasa exclaimed, "I'm finished, Momma!"

Their mother turned to Mikasa, smiling at her daughter.

Mikasa excitedly waved the cloth around in her hands, showing her mother, " What do you think? Did I do good?"

His mother spoke in a light, gentle voice and simultaneously excited as she held her daughter's work, " Oh darling, It's fantastic! Excellent work!"

Makoto rubbed his left wrist after seeing that the cloth was an embroidery of his mother's symbol. The branding still gave him aches and pain on occasion. His mother had made a mistake, and he had gone deeper than Mikasa's, causing his nerves to shoot pain to the area when nothing is going on, and it's just extra tension left behind.

Mikasa responded to her mother with a smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth. "Awww, thank you!"

His mother grabbed his and Mikasa's wrist when saying her following few words, "We've kept this style of embroidery a special family secret for heaven knows how many generations. One day, you'll both have children of your own; you'll be able to pass the secret on to them."

Mikasa spoke lightly, " Huh? I don't understand: How can I have children?"

Mikoto laughed at his older twin's comment, "that's not important right now. We'll find out how when we get older. Speaking of getting older, when I have kids, I'm going to teach them the family secret."

His mother giggled, "After I teach you, of course!"

The young man laughed at his mother's snarky comment.

Mikasa insisted on asking their mother again despite her younger twin's words, "I want to find out now, plus I'm older than you right now."

Their mother quickly answered by rubbing the back of her head, "Uh. Honey, why don't you explain?"

Their father looked up from the potato he was peeling; despite acting unappealed, Mikoto wanted to know how he could have children too. He didn't say anything when Mikasa asked their father too.

Mikasa begged their blond father, " Yeah! Please, Daddy?"

Their father stuttered while putting his hands on his chest, signifying himself, "W-W-Well, I'm not sure I'm an expert on the subject. But you know what? It's nice Dr.Jaeger's scheduled to visit us today. Maybe you could talk to him."

His mother giggled in the background as their father talked. Mikoto found himself laughing too. Then there was a knock at the wooden door.

His father exclaimed, "Ah! Speak of the devil!"

There was another loud knock on the door. Jesus, why was Dr.Jaeger in such a rush?

Mr.Ackerman yelled, getting himself presentable, "Just a moment!"

There was muffled whispering outside the door, as whoever was talking waited for the door to open

Their father opened the door hastily. Mikoto could see three silhouettes in front of his father. He seemed tense and frozen.