Chapter I

Iza Thabe

Bigla akong nagising sa tunog ng alarm ko.

"What a weird dream." I whispered.

I got out of my bed and fixed it. Another day to fight for, I guess.

Pagkatapos kong mag-ayos ng sarili ay bumaba na ako papuntang dining room upang kumain.

"What the f*ck."

"Anak, kain na. We've cooked your favorite," nakangiting sabi ni mom.

The hell. Nakangiti si mom. . .sa akin?

"Mom, you're not sick or anything right?" I said and pinched myself secretly just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Of course not, makakapag-luto ba ako kung may sakit ako?" she gently laughed.

Okay. This is new. We never ate together.

"Anak, can you pass me the soup please." Dad said.

And now we're eating, and laughing like a happy family. They even called me "anak".

"Mom, Dad, why are you suddenly being nice?" hesitantly, I asked them.

"What do you mean? We've been like this to you your whole life."

What she said made me think. No, that's got to be wrong because-

"Halika na, I'll take you to school," Dad remarked.

Okay, another weird thing. But I've been waiting for this my whole entire life. So, I'm not complaining.

-

Nag-s-sketch lang ako sa notebook because this class is so boring. I drew whiskers and gave my professor some horns. Okay, this turned out really good.

"What do you think you are doing in my class, Miss Thabe? Is this the art class?" Professor raised her left eyebrow.

I covered my drawing and answered her, "Uh, no Professor."

"Since alam mo naman palang hindi ito art class and you've disrespected me and my class, lumabas ka." litanya nito.

"But Professor, you never sent me out-" she cut me off.

"I said, out. NOW!"

Dahan-dahan akong tumayo sa silya at nakayukong lumabas.

Nung nakalabas na ako, I raised my head and smiled. Tumakbo agad ako sa daan papuntang detention.

Habang tumatakbo sa gitna ng field ay bigla akong sumigaw.

"Whooo! They don't treat me like the child of the CEO anymore! This is the best day of my whole f*cking life!" I shouted and jumped with glee.

Huminto muna ako para habulin ang aking hininga. Hindi talaga mataas ang stamina ko kung kaya't mabilis akong mapagod.

"Meow," that thing said and rubbed itself to my leg.