When Lincoln Stops Smoking

Ever since Lincoln was fifteen years old, his nicotine addiction throughout the years had become a staple part of his life. He knew it was nothing more than an early death trap, but he never cared to live a long life.

However, it was now different. More than wealth, more than power, what he wanted was to spend as much time as he could with Celeste. And she made it no secret she felt the same.

She also made it clear she wanted him to quit smoking.

It had been a week since he last had a cigarette. He expected the withdrawal symptoms, and he expected the mood swings, but he never expected the actual experience to take such a toll on his body. His nights were restless and his days were fatiguing. So far, he had been able to distract himself with work, but it seemed as if the symptoms were just getting worse and worse.

In fact, he even warned Celeste to give him space if he seemed more irritable than usual.

Such as now.

The nicotine patches he wore did little to ease him, and it didn't help that many of his subordinates smoked—something he had to endure throughout the long work day. After getting home, he showered to immediately clean off any traces of tobacco.

However, his agitation persisted.

But that didn't scare Celeste.

Nothing ever did.