Lazy Monster

Chocolate chip cookies wafted about the room waking Yuuma from his sleep. He felt his nap was cut off short but he could delay it a bit longer and eat the treat he personally requested. From a butler to another than to a boy who goes to his academy. Sadao has already been in Vermillion academy since six years old so who better to ask but him?

Plus with the deal of favors, a few sweet ones wouldn't hurt.

"Thanks," Yuuma rubbed his eyes with his sleeve and reached out for the package that glittered in rainbow colors contrasting with the heavy environment packed with stress. But the package was ultimately left hanging in the air, out of his reach.

Yuuma squinted and reached again but it was moved once more. He glared at the perpetrator with hateful eyes and pressed his lips down. "Sadao," Yuuma warned but Sadao smiled and went around the table while Yuuma followed his trail. Soon he sat next to him and placed the package of goods in front of him personally.

The unnecessary actions were met with hostility but Yuuma didn't continue to dwell on it long. Taking a steaming cookie out of some folded cloth ready to bite down. The chocolate gooed out and the first bite was as delicious as Yuuma imagined.

"Do you want me to bring you a snack every hour until your finish?" Sarcasm.

Yuuma's heavenly moment was broken by Sadao, with a roll of his eyes he grumbled, "no need I'm already done." Yuuma ate another cookie and then looked to Mrs. A who was still shuffling through his papers with an undisclosed expression.

Yuuma suddenly smiled and looked to Sadao with a grin, mischief sparking in his eyes. Sadao had question marks sprouting from his head, he himself never heard of someone finishing in the first hour. It takes one to two days unless- monster!

Sadao felt a chill before Yuuma even spoke and shifted in the seat he had taken from one of the students. "I bet I beat your previous score," Yuuma wasn't one to challenge but when it's a challenge he can beat was all the more fun. After all, Yuuma would never make a challenge he couldn't conquer. It was funny to see Sadao's face cringe and his brows furrow like he didn't know what to say. Then Sadao's gaze looked to Mrs. A, she would have surely tried kicking him out by now and then realization crossed his face, she had her nose glued to the papers at Yuuma's desk.

Half an incense stick later Mrs. A slammed her palms on the desk sending some papers floating from the force. She had the look of disbelief. "Yuuma Oxblood...Yuuma Oxblood...Yuuma-" she whispered Yuuma's name like an insane patient over and over. Yuuma leaned back in expectation. He long got bored through the wait and nodded off with his chin to his chest.

"Class, time to get back to work!" She chimed clapping twice, all the kids shot up scrambling to their seats. She stacked Yuuma's papers and nodded towards him in a beckoning manner, then she glanced at Sadao briefly but said nothing otherwise.

Yuuma almost didn't catch Mrs. As summons because he had just about fallen asleep. Sleep, he wants to sleep!

They were taken out to the hall stopping a few feet from the door where the exam just started back up. "You've had your intellect appraised at five years old so it baffles me on this new discovery," she looked at Yuuma like analyzing a test subject while pushing up her glasses.

"You're saying he actually finished the test?" Sadao tilted his head almost fearing the answer.

"Not just finished it! Every answer I looked over was right in every way! Even the theory page had some very good input that could be put into history books! Yuuma Oxblood why haven't I met you before?!" Mrs. A a hand to her mouth and appeared to be in despair, about to cry that she had never met Yuuma. But her eyes held stars like seeing a gold mine.

'Cause I just arrived not too long ago in this world...'

"Does that mean I don't need to take the magic test?" Yuuma stretched tiredly.

"Of course not of course not! I have to talk to the school executives and the head but you will surely be under my protection! Those stinky old men missed out on a treasure, dumping the load on me for being a workaholic but look what they missed!" The last sentence was said in a whisper with crazy eyes. She smiled from ear to ear and gave Yuumas cheeks a stretch, Yuuma didn't like it at all. He will curse her for touching his soft cheeks! Before she left she told Sadao to take him to the beginner mage dorms and give him room 201A and handed a key to Yuuma. Just like that, he was accepted into the Vermillion Acadamy, how easy.

Yuuma and Sadao walked the halls but it was so long Yuuma took a break due to exhaustion. He took some cookies from the bag and ate two more to gain some energy.

"Yuuma."

"Hm?"

"Your teeth."

Yuuma opened his closed eyes and saw Sadao pointing to his mouth. He must've seen his teeth when he yawned, he decided to play dumb and innocent. "My mother said it's genetics and that someone from my father's side was a dog." Yuuma smiled as Sadao's face twisted into an ugly expression, he even seemed to believe his words.

Later he was introduced to his new room. Yuuma had mixed feelings about it, it smelled clean and some plants even decorated the room but it gave the feeling of loneliness. The furniture was dull and simple. The bedding was fresh but contained no smell to snuggle up to comfortably. It reminded him of his last life's previous room but larger.

"Do you not like the room?" Sadao leaned his head back watching Yuuma from behind.

"Why do you ask?" Yuuma sensed he hadn't shown any indicator of dislike so far so why had Sadao questioned him?

Sadao blinked, looked up in thought before shrugging like he himself didn't know why he had asked.

"I have a lesson in five minutes so I'll be leaving, if your favors are baked goods again then ask the chef to do it for you," Sadao complained and emphasized his words telling him over and over on the way to the dorm that he isn't a maid and shouldn't be used as a tool for a 'childs' amusement. Did he not know he's a child too?

The door closed softly behind Sadao. Yuuma stayed in the same place and listened to the hastened footsteps walk away from his door. Yuuma stood focused on listening to every little noise Sadao made on his way out. When Sadao had gotten too far to hear him any longer Yuuma squinted and shook his head feeling a bit perplexed as to why he had wasted his precious sleeping time to listen to someone he didn't consider as anything or anyone special.

But how would Yuuma have known that would be their last interaction?

-

A/N- Time skip in the next chapter~