Ch.2 ~ Fatui

Childe POV:

As my feet pace along the packed street, I let my mind wander. A waggon rumbles by, and the sound of rustling and thunder causes me to whirl around and glance behind me. As I do so, I hear a cries for assistance and the muffled sounds of people hurrying away.

"MY DAUGHTER!"

"MAMA-Hmmfff-"

Interesting. This can prove as a test for me, and my strength might improve.

I step forwards quietly and quickly follow the kidnappers down a narrow, dark alley. They turn the corner and drag the young girl into a black van. I peer around the corner and stand in the shadows just out of view; a perfect place to spy and not be noticed. Quietly, in a voice barely audible, the tall hooded man spoke.

"Is this the one?"

"Yes," replied a smaller, weedy looking man," Boss will be pleased. Heh..."

"Do you think we can have fun with her? She is a real beauty and at such a young age..." the third person speaks, smiling." I think what Boss wants with her is just a waste, why use such a beauty?"

"That's what Boss knows, and what we don't and If we don't hurry up we are going to get into lots of trouble."

"And If we do I know who I'm blaming, ha!"

"Shut your trap and get packing, your driving!"

"No it's your turn-"

"Well, well, well...good evening gentlemen..." I step into the semi-light and look at the 3 masked men standing huddled around the little girl.

"Who are you?!"

"..."

"My! I don't think we need introductions. After all, you are all dying in the end!" I smile and laugh as fear creeps into their faces.

"That's him! I heard he was a harbinger assigned specially by the Tsaritsa!"

They all turn away and swiftly rush towards the 'safety' of the van.

"Oh? Where do you think you are going. Is tag already over? Then let's move onto hide and seek...don't worry, I'll be seeker"

I bring my hand forwards and water gushes out, forming into a slender, delicate bow. I raise it to my right eye and snipe the tall and burly one.

"No need to rush, you all get your turn..."

I sprint forwards as the remaining two men start up the car. 

"LOCK IT, QUICK!"

"Not so fast..."

As I alter my grip, my slender white bow bends and encases in water, transforming into two slim daggers with sharp tips on the ends. I slash through the car door and pierce through to the heart of the enemy.

"I'll let you off with a warning, and send this message to your boss: 'Next time I won't be so lenient..."

"Eeek" The remaining man backs away, turns and runs away.

"Ahem."

Ugh, why now?

"Can't you see I'm busy?"

"I am very sorry Master Childe, but La Signora has a message for yo-"

"Yea, yea whatever."

"She tells you this, 'Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong Tartaglia."

"Tch, that's very like her. Oh and," I say as he turns to leave," take this girl to her mother. I have more important business to do..."

"Yes sir."

He picks up the girl and vanishes, into the darkness. I turn around and I start walk towards the end of the alley when I stop.

"Argh..."

Not again...

Blood falls, dripping from my mouth. I feel my knees shake and I lean onto the wall for support.

Shit, why does this always happen to me; what even is this?

I only remember dropping to my knees and hearing a voice before I black out.

"You need to be more careful, Ajax..."