Chapter 32: The Reckoning

Start from the beginning

After all the mining and stacking and running, the enderman was growing weary. His breaths became labored, and his footsteps slowed to a halt. He'd never been this tired in his life, but he wasn't about to quit now. If he could just move all this TNT before Bad came down, the server would be saved, and peace would be restored. It would be like nothing ever happened. Life could return to the way it was before-

"Is that Ranboo Beloved I see down there?"

The enderman whirled around, eyes wide with panic, to find his nightmare had come true. Atop the highest hill of trinitrotoluene stood BadBoyHalo, leader of The Eggpire, second only to The Egg. His midnight black cloak had served him well, camouflaging the demon hybrid with the darkness around him. As Bad descended from his perch, his wicked smirk grew wider and wider, his eyes dancing in malignant delight; he was enjoying this.

"Tell me, Ranboo, are you planting explosives near The Egg, hmm? Did you honestly think we wouldn't find you here?" As the demon hybrid said this, several new faces emerged from the shadows, each carrying a diamond sword. They were The Egg's mindless minions, its loyal servants- and they were angry.

Ranboo took one look around the room and knew he was in a heap of trouble. If he didn't tread carefully, he could wind up dead, or worse- like them. The sentient inhaled a shaky breath, and gave his reply: "I- I swear it's not what it looks like. I was removing the TNT."

A curious look passed over the demon halfling's face, his defensive posture slipping ever so slightly. "Oh? Is that so? Then, you've come to join The Egg?"

Ranboo averted his eyes, anxiously rubbing the back of his neck. "Erhm- no. Not exactly."

Bad's expression immediately fell into one of fury. "Then you admit to attacking The Egg!"

"Wait, no! That's not what I said!"

"Guards! Take him away!" the demon hybrid commanded. "We'll let The Egg decide his fate."

As the other members of The Eggpire crept forward, Ranboo sealed his eyes shut. There was no escaping this time. If he ran, he'd likely be slain where he stood. If he set off the explosives, there was a chance that one of them would survive, causing an all-out war with the rest of the server. No, the enderman would have to go quietly, surrendering his will to the ways of The Egg.

Ranboo kept his eyes closed as The Eggpire's guards led him to their hell spawn of a ruler, dragging him harshly into the great unknown. The sentient gulped; the one mercy in all this was that they had taken him instead of Tubbo.

Ooooohhhh did Ranboo do the right thing going alone?? Will he escape The Egg's wrath??

Vote to keep him out of his enderwalk trance!!

As always, thank you everyone for the support!! Next update will begin the climax. Stay Tuned! <333

[Image Credits] "Dark cave" (Cropped Slightly) by Dom Walster (https://www

[Image Credits] "Dark cave" (Cropped Slightly) by Dom Walster (https://www.flickr.com/photos/domwalster/7680212884)