21 | Of Sacrifices And Risks

Start from the beginning

I faced her. "I know it was hard for you too. So I want you to rest."

She stared at me for a few seconds before sighing. "Okay...I guess I need it too."

I nodded. 

"But promise me..."

"Promise what?" I asked. 

She smiled. "Promise me you'll come back to me, okay?"

"I..." I trailed off. "I pro—"

"Minjeongie," We both turned our heads to Ryujin who suddenly spoke beside us. "I know this is your business and not mine but,'' She looked at us. "Whatever happened yesterday, I hope you won't lose your friendship with Aeri."

I didn't speak.

"It confused the hell out of me when I saw you came home with puffy eyes, and without Aeri. I may not know anything right now but one thing's for sure...everything will be okay, Puppy."

I hope so. 

I really do hope so.

But everything is not fine right now and I have to accept it. We have to. 

We need time for ourselves, to reflect about everything that happened. We were so consumed by our feelings and the situation that it resulted a bad effect to us. 

They all need it. I need it.

"...Don't worry, Ryu." I muttered. Glancing at Yuji who's just listening to us. "We'll be okay."

Ryujin smiled at me. A comforting smile. 

And I'm thankful for that.

"Minjeong-ah!"

I turned to look at the person who shouted my name. 

"M-miss Jennie Kim? What is she doing here?"

I heard Yuna muttered behind me, but I didn't have the chance to answer her because Unnie came running to me, greeting me with a hug.

"I missed you, Pup."

Pup...

I forced a smile. 

"I missed you too, Unnie." 

"W-wait, Minjeongie," Chaeryeong said. "What's going on?"

I looked at all my friends, and I couldn't help but to chuckle because they all have the same reaction. Bewildered faces. 

Especially Yuna who has her jaw dropped. 

I cleared my throat. "Uh, she's my—"

"Girlfriend."

What?!

"Excuse me?" My gaze shifted to Yuji who suddenly spoke.

Unnie smiled. "Hey, I'm Jennie Kim, Her girl—"

"Unnie!" I whined. "Stop that!"

She laughed. "What? I'm just saying—"

"No." I covered her mouth. "Shut up."

I turned to my friends who are still gaping at us, except for Yuji who seemed to be glaring at my Unnie.

I called her. 

"Yuji..." She looked at me. "This is my big sister, Jennie Kim."

"Your what?!"

"Her sister." Unnie answered Yuna. "Hi! Based on your reactions, I think you already know me but yes, I'm Jennie Kim, Minjeong's sister."