"No. I don't, actually." She let her fingers move along the braid before his right ear. "In fact, I would very much like to braid something into your hair as well, so the world knows you belong to me. That is," she hesitated, "if you do still wish to belong to me. You've not answered me on either, you know."

He caught her by the elbows, his thumbs warm as they skimmed along her biceps. "I have no choice in the matter, Amara," he said, his voice low. "I am yours and have been since I kissed you on that bench in the courtyard when we were talking about the fireflies. Maralmizi, givashel."

"I am so sorry," she whispered as he caught her face in his hands, his fingers stretching into her hair. Her eyes slid shut as he tilted her face to his and captured her lips in a slow, soft, deep kiss.

Her lips parted of their own at the first brush of his tongue against them, and as he caressed her tongue with his, her fingers tightened about his thick wrists. She felt his kiss to the center of her being, and without thinking, she released his wrists to slide her arms about his neck, to arch against him to press her breasts firmly against his chest.

Thorin crouched ever so slightly and caught her behind the knees with one arm and around the waist with the other and swept her from her feet to spirit her to his rumpled bed. He pressed her into the featherbed, and she pulled him flush against her, her head falling back as he kissed his way down along her throat, down across her collarbone. The back of her gown fell open and he offered up a seductive smile as he tugged the bodice down to let it fall about her hips.

"It's a pretty dress," he growled, rocking back from her to grasp said dress by its flowing skirt, "but it's in my way."

"You'll get no argument from me," she whispered, lifting her hips so he could whisk the garment from her. As soon as it hit the floor, she reached for him. "You are too far away, Mr. Oakenshield."

"Worry not, amrâlimê," he growled as he came up over her once more, "because if you are up to it, I will be inside you before much longer and I cannot possibly get closer than that to you."

She shivered at the purring promise in his deep voice. "I like how that sounds. And I am very much up to it."

"Good." He seized her lips once more, arching against her as she parted her thighs for him to settle between. The small clothes were thin, although his arousal would have been evident even if they weren't. It felt so very nice when he thrust against her, his body meeting hers where she ached for him the most already. The knots were so quick to tighten, to twist and kink as heat swirled through her.

His kiss deepened, his tongue teasing hers as her head slowly began to spin. She tightened her hold on him, her fingernails biting into him even as she dragged them down along his back. To her delighted surprise, that made him growl low in his throat and thrust harder against her. She did it again, unable to hold back her soft laugh as he breathed, "Amrâlimê... you drive me mad when you do that..."

So, of course, she did it again.

He pulled back to smile down at her, his eyes smoky blue with desire. He held her gaze as he gave another, slow thrust against her, one that sent a ripple of heat through her. She loved the feel of him against her, loved the feel of him around her. There was something about him that made her feel safe and protected, and loved unlike anyone had ever made her feel before.

"You look so serious," he whispered, slowly coming back down against her, his lips just brushing hers as he added, "Is something wrong?"

"No. Everything is perfect," she replied, sliding her arms about his waist once more. "Maralmizi."