"What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili said.

"Kili-" 

"I'm going to be there, when we look upon the halls of our fathers." He said, Avilan could see the hurt in his eyes as she loaded another pile of swords. He was deathly pale and looked like his amour was weighing him down so much, he might've collapsed.
"Kili, stay here and rest. Join us when your ready." He said in a soft tone, and his soft smile made the young prince to stand down and stay in Lake-town. Avilan felt a pang of guilt shoot through her at his defeated expression. A comforting hand landed on her shoulder, she turned to see her brother smile softly before handing her two small daggers.

"Stick them in your boots." He said. She smirked and reached down, stuffing the two daggers in her boots and picking up the sword on her way up.

"Thank you." She smiled and turned to see Oin climbing out of the boat, saying something about being with the wounded.

"Uncle, we grew up on stories of the mountain. Tales you told us! You cannot take that away from him!" Fili exclaimed, glaring up at his uncle. "I will carry him if I must!"

"Fili, one day you will be king. You will understand once you are. I cannot risk this quest for one dwarf, not even my own kin." Thorin said, a slight sadness filled his tone. Fili huffed before climbing out of the boat, Thorin stopped him with a hand on his chest. "Fili no. You belong with the company." He said.

"I belong with my brother." Fili said stubbornly before shaking off his uncle and walking to his brother. Avilan felt that guilt grow until it felt like she was going break the boat. Again she felt Dastans hand on her shoulder and she sighed.

"Go, be with him during this time." He said softly. She sighed again before moving to leave the boat. "Sister, be warned. We will not be able to communicate once I have reached the mountain. We will be too far away from each other." He explained, grabbing her arm before she left. She nodded before climbing out, despite a few of the others protests. She ignored them and walked over to Kili and gently tugged his chin up to look her in the eye.

"You will get better, and we will see your home. I promise you that." She stated. He nodded slightly before glancing back to the others in the boat. She waved once more before the remaining company started their long row across the lake to the mountain. Out of nowhere, Bofur busted through the crowds to see the rest of the company sailing off, and turned defeatedly and saw the remaining four.

"Did you miss the boat too?" He asked, hopeful that he just didn't oversleep like an idiot, and that the others were in the same boat with him. (A/N: yes, pun intended)
Kill groaned and suddenly started falling forwards, Fili caught him before he could fall.

"Kili? Kili?!" He and Avilan exclaimed. The two looked at each other and nodded, quickly and gently picking Kili up with the help of the others, and hurrying to the one place that they could go right now.

Bofur pounded on Bard's door. The bargeman opened the door, took one look at them before beginning to close the door.

"No, I'm done with dwarves, go away." He snapped. Bofur fought with the door, trying to keep it open.

"No, please. No one will help us." He stated, looking back at the young prince's pale face. The two holding him had worry in their eyes. "Kili's sick. He's very sick." Bard wasn't a heartless man, he allowed the dwarves to enter his home again, much to his displeasure.

The dwarves set Kili down on the bed in the back. He was even more pale, terrifyingly high fever, and it seemed that nothing Bard had would help. Kill screamed in pain as the four of them hurriedly trued to find something to help his fever. With each of his screams, Fili and Avilan shared a look, their hearts sinking to their stomachs.

"Do you have any Kingsfoil?!" Oin questioned. Bard looked up at him like he was insane.

"No, it's a weed! We feed it to the pigs." He answered. Bofur thought for a second before his eyes lit up with something. He nodded and turned to the four by the bed.

"Don't move!" He said, pointing at Kili. Avilan rolled her eyes and pointed at the door.

"Bofur, go!" She snapped. The dwarf nodded and ran out the front door. Avilan sighed and turned back to Kili, placing a hand on his forehead. She frowned at the fever he had contracted. She stood and walked over to Bard.

"I am sorry, I would not wish this upon my worst enemy." He said, glancing from the woman to the group. She frowned and shook her head.

"There is nothing for you to say. Though, I am sorry for bringing this upon your home." She said. The bargeman nodded, offering her a sad, kind smile. Avilan found herself unable to smile back. She nodded and turned back to the others, kneeling next to the bed. She took Kíli's hand, trying to provide some sort of comfort as he groaned in pain. She refused to let small tears fall at the sight of him in this much pain.

Bofur, please hurry. Dastan, stay safe.

————————————————————

A/N: HELLO! YES, I AM STILL ALIVE! Guys, I can't be more sorry for putting this on hold. I have a few chapters ready for editing and I hope to be posting them soon, so keep a look out! I hope this inspiration kick will keep up these next few weeks maybe (depending on how long it'll take to finish.) You ALL deserve the best chapter and ending I can possibly write, so I'm sorry if updates aren't every other day, but please, don't be upset with me! 

Anyway, I want to thank you all for the continued support through out my absence! I love ALL OF YOU! Again, thank you all so much, and I seriously hope you guys are still reading and enjoying this story!