➵ 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐈

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" They asked.

Loki thought up a fib, "I'm just glad you are okay, that is all." When he said that, the lie no longer felt like a falsity. It felt genuine. A truth.

The mortal aired a weak chuckle as Loki handed them a glass of water. They took a few sips before saying, "I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Y/n. And you are?"

"I'm Thomas. But you can call me Tom." Loki prevaricated.

"Well, Tom, thank you. I don't remember much of what happened if I'm completely honest. All I remember was something not human entering New York and bam. Memories are fuzzy." Y/n spoke.

"That's to be expected. You did, as I said earlier, was under a large mass of rubble after saving a child from being crushed." Loki explained.

Y/n was shocked and felt tired. Loki noticed this. "Get some rest Y/n, I need to go out. If I'm not back, then," Loki paused, "I don't know. Hopefully, I'll be back."

"Where are you going?"

"Back to New York, I need to find some people," A partial lie.

"Wait no, it's dangerous back there." Y/n said, moving to stop Tom (Loki) from heading back to New York, "You'll be killed, I mean I almost was!" Y/n exclaimed.

Loki held Y/n's shoulders and smiled, "Listen, if I'm not back, and you ever need to find me I'll be somewhere in New York."

"Very vague and not very comforting."

Loki shrugged, "What can I say, I'm a mystery." Loki was heading to leave the large doors of this abandoned home before Y/n called out to him, "Please, be safe."

Loki turned back, "I will."

---

2 years later

It had been two years since the incident in New York. Many casualties and fatalities on that fateful day. Loki a year ago had become part of the Avengers as what Fury would call a rehabilitation scheme. Given Odin's permission and actual recommendation to do so.

With this, Loki's powers would be reduced by Stark technology and Asgardian applied sciences. This has been a slight relief amongst the misfit heroes and Agents and Directors of S.H.I.E.L.D.

And within this very same year, Loki met upon himself with the same mortal, Y/n, he had saved (and at the same time almost killed).

It was around the time of another attack on New York (for some reason extraterrestrial beings enjoy the bitter weather of America's famous Big Apple) when Loki and Y/n met again. Loki was rounding up all the civilians and rushing them to safety with his numerous clones. 

Let's just say that Y/n meeting Loki was not a pleasant experience for Y/n. Thor had to take over and ordered Loki to enter the battlefield. Loki felt guilty. He had caused so much pain, and now especially to someone- who even though he only met once- entwined his heart before he knew it.

He had to know how to become better.

And what better way to becoming better is sneaking out of the tower as he lies and deceits Y/n of his actual identity.

---

It was around midday when Loki decided to enact his escape. He had carefully watched the routine of the Avengers and decided his best course of escape. When the time began, he entered his bathroom and created a clone. He transfigured himself into an object that his clone threw in the garbage disposal. With that, he would once again transform himself into another shape and once he was able to go out of bounds of the tower, altered himself into his alter identity 'Thomas' and began his search for Y/n.

It took him a while before he bumped into them outside of a coffee shop. The same place where he hoisted Y/n from the rubble.

"Thomas!" Y/n blurted in shock. Loki smiled and gasped slightly, "Y/n, right? It's so good to see you!"

"Yeah, it's me, Thomas oh my goodness," Y/n went in to hug Thomas, disguised as Loki. Loki was not expecting to be hugged but out of want, he returned the hug.

"What happened to you? I thought you had died!" Y/n said as they pulled away from the hug. Loki held Y/n's shoulders.

"I got injured and had to go to the nearest hospital when a group of people found me. And since New York was not allowed to be entered at that time," Loki answered.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear. Right now, I'm just so glad you're alive." Y/n said. Loki sighed and smiled gently as he softly spoke, "Yeah, me too."

Y/n smiled before averting their eyes, "Listen, I'm pretty much free for the rest of the day," Y/n looked to the side and had an idea as their eyes went over the coffee shop, "I was wondering if you'd join me for a coffee? Just to catch up of course." Y/n asked.

"I'd love that," Loki answered, Y/n guided them to the entry of the joint as Loki asked, "They do sell tea too, right?"

---

It was now a year later, entering their six-month relationship when things started to unravel. When the two would have to face their worst fears imagined.