Chapter 50 - A New Beginning

Start from the beginning

I slowly walked further into the room, listening for any movement or a child giggling.

"Come out, come out wherever you are," I drawled, eyes darting around the room. A smile crept across my face as I heard the intake of a breathe, just loud enough for my werewolf hearing to pick up, over by the couch in front of the tv.

As quietly as I could, my footsteps barely making noise beneath me, I stalked over to the couch, stopping a few feet behind it. I heard inhale before I launched myself over the side of the couch and landed gently on Jamie, who screamed. Very loud.

I laughed as I sat back on my heels, keeping his body trapped beneath me. He squirmed beneath me and started squirming even more when I brought my hands down and started to tickle his sides. It was almost hard to tickle the boy with how much he moved. I had completely forgotten about the other hider as I focused my efforts on tickling Jamie. Forgotten until I was lifted into the air, a very unmanly squeak escaping my lips, by large hands. Matias laughed as he threw me over his shoulder like I was a sack of potatoes, and so did Jamie as he started to catch his breath.

"You can not gang up on me! This is not fair!" I shouted as I pounded my hands against my mate's back. Jamie's giggles followed us as he sprung up off the couch and followed Matias over to the bed, which he promptly threw me on. Jamie giggled louder as I groaned and glared up at my mate, who had a cocky smirk on his face.

"Yes, we can. We just did," He replied, crossing his arms over his chest as Jamie came up behind him, mimicking the pose with an attempt at cool indifference on his little face. It didn't last very long though, as a smile quickly broke across his face as he jumped forward and landed on my chest. The wind was shortly knocked out of me, and in that time, Jamie was situated and ready to begin tickling me.

"Don't you dare little boy," I glared up at him, already breathless. Jamie just smiled and looked back at my mate. My mate met my eyes, a smile growing across his stubbled face, before meeting the eyes of the little boy on top of me once again, and nodding.

And Jamie commenced the tickling.

____

Matias and I finally settle into bed later that night, after a very long day of being tortured by both my mate and my little boy. It was fun though, and the whoo day wasn't spent being tickled, but some of it was. We had spent almost the whole day with Jamie, playing together, watching some movies near the end of the night, making lunch and dinner together, it was a good day. There was only a short period of time where Matias had to go check up on something in his office, and like the good old days, we hid from him when he came back out. The rush of nostalgia as Jamie and giggled from our hiding spot was welcomed. It felt like forever since we had done this.

Facing each other, Matias gently stroked the side of my face with his thumb, my arms resting in front of us and my fingers drawing little patterns into his chest. He watched me with love, his eyes darting all over my face as if soaking my features in. I watched him with the same expression, inching closer to him with a content sigh.

"What's on your mind?" He whispered, his lips barely moving. I smiled, leaning forward even more and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Just all the stuff we did today. You, Jamie, our future." I replied, closing my eyes and closing the distance between us, which wasn't much, to begin with. Matias hummed, moving his hands from my face to drape the one over my waist, the other curling up under this head like a makeshift pillow. We lay in silence for a few minutes, before Matias spoke again.

"I was thinking maybe in a few weeks we can complete the Luna ceremony. The official induction, instead of just a party. There would obviously still be a party, but you would officially be Luna then." Matias said, his voice still soft and quiet. I nodded, wholeheartedly agreeing.

"I think we should do that. Start planning for it and stuff. It's about time anyway, and I have a feeling that we're going to be ok from now on for a while." I replied, pulling my face from his chest to meet his eyes. Matias smiled at me, the expression warm and soothing. Matias nodded, before leaning forward to kiss me. He pulled back after a couple of seconds, pulling my head back into his chest.

"I do too. I think we're going to be alright now. A new beginning, if you will," Matias whispered into my hair, pressing a kiss on my head after he finished talking. I nodded slightly, smiling against his chest.

I really thought that too. I don't know why, but I just knew that we had passed the worst of everything that had happened these last few weeks, and we would finally be able to settle down fully, and live together and free for more than just a few months, if that makes sense.

Things are going to get even better now, I just know it.