Chapter 21 - Taken

Daemon POV

"No! No! No!" Jamie squealed. I watched amused as Matias tortured Jamie with the terror that is tickling. Ever since our game of hide and seek, Jamie had really grown on us, and it honestly felt like we were our own little family. Matias and Jamie had started to get along really well too. So much so that Jamie spent most of his time with us now than he did with other kids his age, but then again he didn't spend much time with other kids anyways. He hid with me at the end of the workday for Matias, trying so hard not to giggle as we heard Matias stomping our way. Honestly, the fact that Matias could easily smell us was kind of cheating, but we really didn't care. It was still fun.

I liked the way things were between us, the way I had finally grown accustomed to Matias constantly touching me, like when he randomly showed up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, or the kisses he would assault my face with randomly. Not that I minded. Sometimes the kisses got really heated...but I wasn't ready to go as far as he wanted to. He always respected my wishes too, never going past what I wanted to do. And I loved him for it, as much as I wouldn't actually say I loved him out loud. I don't think I was prepared to say it out loud.

Snapping out of my thoughts once I heard Jamie stop squealing, I watched as Matias grinned down at the small boy who lay breathless on the floor. I smiled myself, a warm feeling filling my chest at the sight. The warm feeling only grew when Matias turned his smiling face to me, laughing loudly. I felt my cheeks grow a little hot as I smiled at him, laughing when Jamie started squirming beneath Matias. Matias turned his attention back to the small boy, laughing as he shifted his weight off the boy and set him free. Jamie giggled as he ran from my mate, flinging himself into my arms with a squeal. I laughed with him, unable to stop it. I could get used to this, the constant laughter and happiness filling the room and my heart.

"I sense some favoritism here," Matias playfully growled, shifting on his knees. I snorted as Jamie squealed again, hiding his face in my neck. I hugged him tightly, sending Matias a bragging look.

"I'm not the one torturing the poor child." I snarked, smiling at my mate as another playful growl rumbled from his chest. His eyes flashed with a playful glint, narrowing on me. Mine widened as I watched him slowly start to stalk forward, I tried my hardest to scramble backward with Jamie still in my arms. Jamie seemed to realize my inevitable doom though, and with a loud squeal, escaped my arms leaving me open for my mate to attack.

"Traitor!" I screamed at him, right when Matias launched himself on me. I would not go down easily though, so as he tried to reach me with his hands, I kicked and punched, trying my hardest to ward him off. Jamie giggled from somewhere in the room, obviously enjoying my struggle, then again, I did laugh as he struggled, so I guess karma is a bitch.

Before I could even process it, Matias had me pinned, his large hands holding my wrists down as he sat on top of me, rendering my kicking useless. Both of us breathless, he laughed in my face, and I couldn't help but smile. He leaned down by my ear, his lips brushing against it, causing my face to turn red again. He chuckled in my ear, kissing just beneath it gently.

"I win." He whispered, his voice low and sultry. I squirmed again, but that obviously didn't help the situation, as he immediately loosed a small growl. I stopped moving immediately, realizing what was happening.

"Matias," I whispered, staring up at him as his eyes flickered from their normal color to gold.

"Jamie is still here," I whispered again, smiling a little and trying not to laugh. His eyes immediately shifted back to their normal brown. He lifted his head to look to the small child who was hiding in a corner, watching us with a happily-scared look. He giggled quietly as Matias met his eyes, and then the next thing I knew I was being tortured.