“Hey Cole.”

He waved back.

“How’s it going Audrey?”

I wondered how I was going to convince him not to say anything to Xavier.

“Can you open the gate for me? I need to get on the taxi over there.”

He looked confused.

“I can take you wherever you want to go. You don’t need a taxi. Xavier specifically instructed not to let you go out alone.”

This was going to be hard. 

“Look, please just let me get in the taxi just this once. I have a job interview soon and if I don’t leave now I’ll be late.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you go out.”

“Please Cole, I beg of you. This job really means a lot to me. Don’t worry, I'll talk with Xavier about it, I promise.”

He seemed to think about it for a while and then he finally agreed.

“Thank you so much. I’ll make it up to you.”

He simply smiled and let me go.

I quickly got in the taxi and headed to the flower shop.

As soon as I arrived I took a deep breath and then went inside.

“Hello, my name is Audrey, I came for the job interview at 2.”

The girl smiled and it appeared she knew who I was.

“Hello Audrey, I’m Kate, the owner. Follow me to the back.”

She called another girl to stay in the front and help other customers, and we headed to her office.

I sat down and the interview started. Kate was super friendly and surprisingly the interview went well. She seemed to like all of my answers and I got the job.

“Thank you so much for the opportunity.” 

“Welcome on board to the team. Let me introduce to you some of the staff and I can show you a bit of how things work around here.” 

“Great!”

I was able to meet some of the staff and I got to see their stations to make bouquets for all types of events. It was so exciting to see all the different types of flowers they had in this shop. 

I recognized a lot of these different flowers. I had a love for plants and it was like second nature to me knowing about how to properly care for them. Dorothy had told me I loved flowers even before the accident so it was something I’ve always loved.

It had been a few hours and Xavier would be home soon. I needed to go back now.

Fortunately Kate informed me I could go home now.

“Well your first official day starts tomorrow. Can you come in at 10am?”

“Yes! That works for me.”

“Excellent. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

I waved goodbye and headed out.

I managed to get a taxi and headed home.

Xavier usually came home at around 5 pm and it was 4:45. I just hoped I’d make it home on time.

As soon as I arrived I got to the gate before 5. I really felt I could do this but one look at the guard’s face and it was clear something was wrong.

The gates opened and I saw a look of fear in the man’s eyes.

“It’s good to see you’re back, Mrs.Kingston. Mister Kingston has been looking for you everywhere. He was about to call the police.”