Chapter 3 "A Man With Wings"

I wake up on the wet grass. I'm still wet and cold. I stand up, I have a throbbing headache, and I'm a bit dizzy. I must have passed out in someone's yard. I have no clue how far I am from the foster home. I start to walk along the sidewalk, a little wobbly.
I wonder where I am, and how long I've been out for.
I wonder if the man is looking for me-
I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts. A winged man lands right in front of me. This startled me and I stumble backwards, putting my arms up as if to protect myself.
"Oh- sorry mate I didn't mean to scare you- you just look a little- lost."
"I-I'm f-fine."
I rub my arms, I'm still cold. I try to walk past the man, but he blocks my path with his wing.
"Are- you sure your ok? You are soaked, and smell of- alcohol."
I start to shake. I'm starting to look vulnerable. If I look vulnerable they'll beat me. I start to tear up.
"Have you been drinking? You don't look like your more then 16-"
Stop! Your gonna get hurt!
"I-I- no I- n-not really-"
A tear starts to roll down my face.
"I-I mean- I haven't- I-I didn't- w-want to-"
Then the man suddenly pulls me into a hug. I start to cry, shaking even more. Stop crying! Your vulnerable, he could hurt you. He stroked circles on my back, his wings curl around me, as if to hide me. Protect me.
"I-I didn't w-want to..." i say between sobs.
"Shhhh it's ok, I'm here."
After I calm a bit, he grabs my hands and kneels down, to make himself lower then me.
"How bout you come with me, you can get dried off and warm, i'm Philza by the way."
I hesitantly nod. Why am I agreeing to this? What if he just takes me home to hurt me, like everyone else does. He hold my hand and leads me a few houses down to a pretty big house, with a van that looks like it could hold a big family. He leads me up to the door, and opens it. The inside is pretty big too, there's a staircase right at the front, with a hall going under it, it looks like it leads to the kitchen, to the left is the dining room, and to the right is a living room. On the couch a brown haired person with a beanie, yellow sweater and black jeans, is sitting. He looks up, "oh hey Dadza! Did you have a nice wa-" his eyes land on me. "Who- what?" He looks confused as he stands, walking towards us. I instinctively shift behind Philza, his big wings giving good cover.
"Will, I found this kid while I was out, can you get a towel for him?" Philza says. The person, Will, walks away. Philza leads me into the living room. "Go ahead and sit on the couch, I'll go find some clothes for you." He walks away and I sit down. I'm getting his couch all wet- why is he being so nice?

Philza POV
I walk into Tommy's room, grabbing the smallest shirt I can find- of course it's red- a sweatshirt that will definitely be to big for the kid, because it looks to have been stolen from Ranboo, and some shorts, making sure they have a drawstring. This kid is much smaller then any of my kids so no matter what he won't fit their clothes. I walk back downstairs and willbur is in the living room with the kid, who is now wrapped in a towel.
"Here kid, sorry I couldn't get any smaller clothes, there's a bathroom down the hall to the right, it's under the stairs."
The kid nods and walks to the bathroom.
"Was he drinking? He smells like alcohol." Will asks looking worried.
"I asked him the same thing- he said he didn't want to" I say.
Will frowns "Maybe he was pressured by some friends."
"Maybe"
The kid walks back in. The sweatshirt is down to his knees, and the shorts are barley visible underneath. He sits back down on the couch, fidgeting with the drawstrings of the sweatshirt.
"Hey kid, do you know where your parents or legal guardian is?"
The kid shifts, looking down, he grabs at a chain tucked into his shirt.
"No"
"Do you have a parent or guardian?"
"Um- kind of?"
"Kind of?" Will repeats.
"U-um- well- i was sent to this house- with just one guy in it-" he looks around the room, seeming to avoid looking at us.
"You where sent there? Like from an orphanage?" I ask.
He nods.
Suddenly the situation feels very different.
"Was- he nice?" I ask cautiously.
The kid shakes his head, looking away completely.
"Ok" i half say to myself.
"What's your name?"
"Kibbles" he mumbles.
"Ok, Is it ok if Will brings you up to his room?"
The kid looks to Will and then to me, nodding.
"Ok c'mon bud, I can show you my guitar." Will leads Kibbles up to his room.
I have to figure out where this kid came from.

884 words