Chapter-4

At night

Orni's p.o.v

I was laying on the couch and waiting for Papa's arrival. I was holding a book and trying to read it but I wasn't being able to read it properly.

My mind was actually trapped by that creepy man. I have already removed that ring which he put on me. I don't understand what's his problem. Is he any kind of mental patient?

I have to share everything about Mr Randhawa with Papa. I never hid anything from my Papa and I am sure he will help me out.

I was still trying to read the book when the doorbell rang. I looked at the door and I am sure it's Papa.

Without wasting any time I ran towards the door and opened it hurriedly

Without wasting any time I ran towards the door and opened it hurriedly. And, I became shocked and horrified after seeing my father's condition. Tears started coming out of my eyes automatically.

My father was bleeding from his nose and lips. A purple bruise formed under his left eye. It seems like someone has punched him hard.

" Papa........Papa......what happened?" I asked panicking and held his arm.

He hissed in pain and didn't say anything. I took him to towards the couch and made him sit there. I ran inside my room and came back with a first aid box. Without wasting any time, I started cleaning his wounds.

" How did all this happen, Papa?" I asked him while shedding my tears.

He replied taking a deep breath," Debts, dear. Those people again came to take money from me."

" Why don't you just give them money and close this chapter? I can't see you hurt like that," I told while putting ointment on the wounds.

Papa replied sadly," I don't have enough money, dear."

" Then, sell this house. I will live under a tree happily. Not just that I am even ready to live on the streets but I can't see you getting beaten up every time," I said crying bitterly.

Papa didn't say anything further. I know it's not easy for him to sell this house because it was my mother's dream house. I know that Papa will die but he will never sell this house.

" I will find out a way soon," Papa said meekly and I just hope he finds out a way soon.

After taking care of his wounds, I made him eat dinner so that he can take his medicines. He always skips medicines that's why I have to take care of his medicines.

I laid him down on the bed and sat beside his head. I started stroking his hair gently while he continued looking at my face.

" What's bothering you, sweety?" Papa asked noticing the discomfort on my face.

I replied nodding my head in the negative," Nothing, Papa. I am fine."

" Are you hiding something from me?" He asked worriedly and I again nodded my head in the negative.