-CHAPTER ONE: SLENDERMAN

"Your gonna die alone..." Amy said as she put the last of the box into the moving van.
"HEY NOW! Dont say that. Is it so wrong to want a guy to compromise with me? Now a days its more about what the guy or girl wants." I said being a little defensive.
I miss those days dreaming of a partner like that. Someone I can just let my crazy side go wild and he'll go along. Someone I can be calm and comfortable with. Why is it so hard to find someone like that? I thought seeing myself an 80 year old virgin with lots of cats. I shuttered.
"Are you going to stand there and daydream or have one last toast before you abandon your best friend in the city to live in the caveman era." Amy said waving a glass of champagne in my view.
"Its not caveman. Its just a cabin my grandparents gave me so Im taking this opportunity to have a fresh start." I said drinking more than enough.
"Hey, any place with less than 400 people in population is caveman to me." She said as we both laughed.
The movers beep their horn signaling that it was time to go.
"Okay, dont forget to send a bird note my way every once in awhile."
She said as we hugged our goodbyes.

Bye the time we reached the small town of Acewood; it was 4:30 pm. Wow, this place feels like a funeral home. I thought feeling the heaviness of the atmosphere.
"Um, why is it so dark outside when its only 4." I said to myself seeing the signal bars on my phone went from full to blinking one bar and sometimes no signal.
"Because its the forest." The driver replied catching my attention.
"What? What about the forest?" I asked knowing my curiosity is far more greater than my restraint to hold back.
"Heh, your moving to a place you know nothing about? Wow, tough luck for you.
This place is known for missing children or families just dieing out of nowhere. The town says that the woods are cursed by a demon or monster called slenderman. There has been reports that when people go into the wood they dont return at all or on rare occasions the bodies would found at the boundaries of the woods with slenderman's notes on them. If you ask me, i think the whole town is cursed or bat shit crazy because this place is just no good." He said trying not to look crazy.
"Pshahahaha! Seriously?! First off there's no such things as monsters. Those are probably just stories exaggerated from the media." I said feeling excited for some reason and for a moment when we turned into a private road with only woods on both sides...I saw him.
A man dressed in a suit as if he was going to someone's funeral. Just standing there. Isnt he a bit inhumanly tall for anyone. I thought as I squinted out the back window. The fog surrounded him like it was alive on its own so I couldnt see his face clearly. But why was he just standing there? This road is private owned and if he's a local he shouldnt be anywhere near the woods. So I just pushed it off as my mind playing tricks on me because living in the city made me accustomed to think that legends arent real.
But as soon as that thought came across. Something in me knew that was a lie because I soon find myself remembering back to I was 5 years old. A moment my grandmother yelling. "DON'T EVER! EVER! GO INTO THOSE WOODS AGAIN."
What is this....I thought. I never even heard of Acewood until now. But why am I having memories of a place I never been to before.

[Okay, if there are any mispelling or whatknot feel free to point it out and edit it. I know I said its a lemon story but please be patient with me and we'll get there one chapter at a time.] Thanks for reading my weard imagination and I hope you enjoyed chapter 1.