EIGHTEEN

(Picking Up The Broken Pieces)*************WARNING ⚠️ mentions of sexual abuse

*************
WARNING ⚠️ mentions of sexual abuse

John B, Kie and Pope all stared at the injured girl that JJ was holding in his arms. JJ was sitting with her on the couch as she gently cried into his chest. It had been thirty minutes and she still hadn't spoken so Pope had decided they were officially allowed to barge into the room and pester her with questions.

"Is she dead?" John B asks JJ curiously.

"You can see her breathing... idiot." Kie mumbles as she shakes her head at John B.

Diana gently pushes her head off of JJs chest as she looks down at her arm. Kie gasps as the bone in her arm seemed to be popping out of her skin. John B gags as he quickly walks out of the room.

"Does that hurt?" JJ asks her in a concerned tone.

"No shit it hurts... it's not in her fucking arm anymore." John B yells from the other room.

"Will you three please go somewhere else?" JJ asks them sharply.

"Uh.... statistically speaking... you are the least qualified person to be helping her right now." Pope snaps at JJ.

"Get out of here." JJ says causing them all to hurry out of the room.

Diana didn't seem affected by JJs friends as she was no longer crying. Her eyes were staring at her injured arm as JJs eyes were staring at her. He hated that he couldn't help her and that he felt helpless.

"I'm sure Pope can fix your arm up." JJ tries to reassure her.

"I don't care.. it doesn't bother me." Diana mutters as she turns away from JJ.

JJ gently ran a hand through her hair as he pulled her face back towards him. Diana looked down at her lap as she fought to not make eye contact with him.

"I'm here if you wanna talk." JJ tells her softly.

He gently rubs his hand back and forth on her back hoping he could comfort her in any way possible. Diana could feel his gentle touch on her back and she bit her cheek to hold back tears. She wanted to tell JJ everything but it wasn't easy for her to talk to people about this kind of stuff. The trust she had for JJ was more than anyone else she ever knew but it was extremely difficult for her to even form words. She wasn't sure if she was ready to let JJ see the worst of her. In the past she never let anyone in... and the things she wanted to tell him had never even left her mouth before.

"I can't..." Diana says weakly as she places her head in her hands.

"Hey... hey... it's alright... you don't have say anything... just know I'm here." JJ tells her as he pulls her back into his embrace.

She felt like she didn't deserve the comfort JJ was giving her. She hesitantly rested her head on his chest as she mentally cursed herself for being weak. The thought of JJ seeing her like this made her stomach hurt.