I was nearly ready to yank my hair out as Mr. Brios, my literary history teacher, droned on about 16th century Russian novelists. My phone was burning a hole in my pocket just waiting to be opened. I had already heard the specific notification sound I had set for One Direction instagram posts and was dying to just see whether or not my favorite band in the world was breaking up or not. However, our school had a very strict policy for cell phone use in class, so I had to wait until the bell rang to find out.

As if the bell gods above had heard my prayer, the ringing came blaring from the loudspeaker and Mr. Brios trailed off and began to pack up looking disappointed. I, on the other hand, stuffed my laptop in my bag and bolted out the door to the courtyard where I was meeting Anna and Hazel for the moment of truth.

They were already there, standing and talking near the big oak tree where the three of us had met after class since freshman year. At first glance, you wouldn't think they were sisters. Anna's wavy blonde hair compared to Madelyn's dark curls that fell to her lower back and the fact that Madelyn stood about a head taller than Anna contributed to this. But as you were around them more you noticed the more subtle similarities- they have the same laugh, the same nervous tic of pulling their left ear when they got nervous, and the same kind eyes that could lighten your mood on the worst of days. They're pretty much two of my favorite people on the whole planet.

I sprinted faster as I approached them, skidding to halt next to the tree and panting hard. Anna raised her eyebrows.

"You ran here? I knew you were dedicated, but wow." She grinned as Hazel laughed. I glared at the both of them as I caught my breath.

"Okay," I said, pulling out my phone but not opening it. "Are we ready to do this?"

Anna took a deep breath and pulled out her phone too. "As ready as we'll ever be." She looked as solemn as I'd ever seen her. "Remember, if One Direction really did break up, that means no more new 1D music."

"No more video diaries."

"No more illegally filmed concert videos."

"No more memes."

"No more new hairstyles."

"No more music videos."

Hazel poked her head in between us. "Also, don't forget it would mean you wouldn't be able to see them in concert for the first time. Weren't you guys planning on seeing them when they came to do a show here?"

"We've already thought about that particular fact plenty, Hazel, so thank you." I said. She raised her hands in defense.

"Just trying to contribute to the conversation."

Anna shook her head and held up her phone like it was a detonator and she was about to blow a hole in the ground. "We'll do it on three, ready?" I nodded.

"1."

"2."

"3."

We both opened the notification and our eyes scanned the post. There was a few beats of precious silence before-

"YES!! YES YES YES!!!"

"THEY'RE STAYING TOGETHER!!! IT'S NOT ALL OVER, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME OF COURSE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE FOR!!"

"AND NOW WE GET TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT!!"

Our words mixed over each other as everyone else in the courtyard turned to stare at two weirdos screaming at their phones, with another girl standing right next to them looking very amused.