Chapter 16

The group of teens was sitting down and eating lunch.

"Yeah, you know, I like shirts with green stripes," Andre says.

Jaedda nods her head as she looks at the green striped shirt he was wearing. "It gives off Steve from Blue's Clues vibes"

"Hey you guys," Lane says walking over to their table. "Kyle has some cool news for you"

"Tori Vega, Beck Oliver, Jade West, and Andre Harris, congratulations you are all going to be featured on "The Wood".

"And what about me?" Trina asks not hearing her name.

"No"

"Why not?"

"Cause you reek of desperation"

"That's her natural scent" Beck says not missing a beat.

Lunch ends and the rest of the school day continues. Throughout the day, Jaedda feels as if she is being watched. The slight hairs on her neck stand up but when she turns around no one is behind her. Driving to her apartment, she realized that a car was following her so instead of going home she went to a restaurant and stayed there for a few hours. Not feeling comfortable alone, Jaedda calls Cat and asks if she wants to come over which she quickly says yes too.

Cat can't stop the butterflies that she experiences every time she looks at Jaedda.

"I'm going to go take a shower, I smell like those Tamales we had for lunch" Jaedda says before standing up from the couch. Cat watches her leave before quickly grabbing her phone and dialing a phone number.

Andre was busy doing chores at his grandma's house when his phone ringed. A few camera crew members were their filming and quickly urged him to pick up the phone.

"Hey Cat, what's up?" Andre says answering the phone.

"Hi Andre, are you busy?"

"No not at all"

"Good. I have come to terms that I have a crush on Jaedda. What do I do?"

"You ask her out obviously"

"What? No, no, no. I can't do that. What if she says no and I ruin everything?"

"That girl is head over heels for you. She bought you a puppy with no hesitation or questions asked."

"Well yeah but, I'm not sure"

"Yes you are or you wouldn't have called me. Go for it Red and I'm rooting for you guys"

Andre heard her sigh on the other end of the phone. "Alright, thanks Andre"

"Anytime Red" Andre says before hanging up the phone.

Cat attempts to watch the movie to calm her nerves as she hears the shower turn off. 20 minutes later Jaedda comes back into the living room wearing a pair of basketball shorts and an oversized graphic t-shirt. Cat could see droplets of water falling from her hair and onto her shoulders.

"Wash day already?" Cat asks.

"Yeah, I have to get it flat ironed tomorrow for shooting"

Cat takes a deep breath, "Doyouwanttogoonadatewithme?"

"What? Red, take a deep breath slow down, and say that again"

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" Cat says a little slower. Her cheeks turn red and her heart is racing out of her chest so fast she was afraid Jaedda could hear it.

Jaedda pauses the movie that was playing and turns her body to face Cat completely. She notices that the redhead girl was playing with her fingers, a nervous habit she picked up from Jaedda. Jaedda looked her best friend in the eyes and only saw sincerity.

"Yes"