CHAPTER EIGHT, acoustic solo & compliments

Start from the beginning

Ricky raises his eyebrows at the two. "Since when are you two friendly?"

Ophelia shrugs. "Since recently." She responded and Ricky rolled his eyes playfully at her vague response.

"Yeah," Gina gestures to herself and Ophelia, sending her a smile. Ophelia returns the smile before working with the camera as Gina looks at Ricky. "We're friends now." 

"Alright, guys. Time to line up." Ophelia gets everyone's attention and the main cast does what they're told. She glances at the camera, making sure it was ready, and looks back at everyone. "You guys are gonna jump on the count of three."

When everyone got into their right places for the cover photo, she asks, "Ready?" After they all nod she begins counting and takes the picture. None of them jumped at the same time and Kourtney was in the way.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Kourtney exclaimed, quickly rushing over to the other side of the stage so she was out of the way.

Ophelia assured her it was fine and counts down from three again. This time they still didn't jump at the same time and the one who was playing Ryan, Rico, accidentally knocked the 'L' sign sideways that was a part of the 'High School Musical' sign above the five of them.

Ophelia sighs. "Guys, what happened?"

"Where to begin?" Ricky asked.

Seb looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "I think you went early."

Gina looks at Ophelia with confusion. "Are we jumping on three or after three?"

Ophelia nods. "Yeah, I said the on the count of three."

"Lia, you're making this sound at lot easier said then done." Ricky pointed at her. 

Ophelia shrugs. "Sorry, but it really is not that hard."

"I think I broke a heel." Seb realized.

"Just like Ophelia said, this isn't that hard." Carlos sighs. "You smile, you leave the Earth, you land."

"It's a little hard to smile when we don't even know the plan." Ricky spoke.

Nini points at him. "I can't look at Ricky. Is that a problem?"

Laughter filled the room while Ricky throwed his arms up in frustration. "Okay, let's take a five." Carlos suggested.

"On five or after five?" Ricky asked as he walked off.

Seb chuckles. "I think he's mad at us."

Ophelia nods while chuckling. "Yeah, he's mad at us."

****

At practice that day Ophelia filled Fallon and Luca in on how taking the cover photo was. Everyone besides Carlos and Miss Jenn were in the bomb shelter. 

"I can't believe it was so complicated to take a picture." Fallon laughed, looking at the pictures along with Luca, Gina, and Kourtney on the camera Ophelia held.

"Did we even get a good picture for the program cover?" Kourtney asked as Ophelia went through the ones she took. 

"Hopefully." Ophelia chuckled.

"Hey, jumping on cue is much more complicated than it sounds, okay?" Gina defended herself.

Ophelia playfully rolls her eyes. "Yeah, okay." 

"Guys, let's just start." Natalie suggests, standing up. "Flip to 'When There Was Me And You' in your script."

"Oh, should we maybe wait until Miss Jenn gets here?" Ashlyn inquired.