Louie's eyes widened at Dewey's harsh tone, then shifted to a glare. "You know what? No. I don't have to tell you anything! I'm the oldest-"

"By three seconds!"

Huey forced a laugh louder than their argument. He stepped between them, splitting them up with his arms. "Come on, guys. Stop fighting. Let's just all agree that both of you are the worst for holding such horrible secrets," he said through gritted teeth. Slight anger rose in his voice, but Dewey could tell Huey was trying not to show it. "Louie, tell us what happened. Please, we need to know."

Louie smacked Huey's hand off of him. "No, you don't." He walked away, his form tense with anger. With his back turned, he said, "And you should stop looking for her too. You're only going to get yourself hurt. Your search for Della Duck is over."

Dewey watched him, tears tugging at his eyes. But he woudn't let them fall. His search was only beginning.

...

Fethry glared across the table at Downy McDuck. She crossed her arms, a scowl on her face. "Aw, come on Downy! Why won't you just give it to me!" They were discussing the object Fethry was after at the long dinner table.

"You haven't even told me why ye want the dang thing anyways." She raised an eyebrow at him, expectantly.

Fethry looked down, nervously. "Well, I don't exactly know, but if Bradford wants the papyrus of binding, it's probably important. So just give me the piece of paper already so I can get out of your house and we'll never have to see each other again until Gladdy makes us do thanksgiving again."

Downy shuddered at the memory. "The answer is still no, because you're not a McDuck."

Fethry was willing to do anything at this point. He was exhausted and ready to go home. "Are you kidding? I'm the most McDuck-ish non-McDuck ever!" Downy gave him a side glance, looking barely even interested in what he had to say. Fethry got up from his seat and began pacing. "I'm loud, obnoxious, rude, don't like anyone who's not like me, hates people who are like me, bad with kids, just a terrible person in general, and yet somehow people still love me. If that's not a McDuck, I don't know what is!"

She waited, smirking at him. He watched her impatiently, certain of what she'd say. No. "Alright fine."

"Ugh, you're so annoying! How-" Fethry stopped. "Wait, what?"

"Fine. If you insulted yourself just so you could insult me, you're clearly desperate."

"Gee, thanks," Fethry said dryly.

"I wasn't planning on actually giving it to you, so I have to go dig it out of Scrooge's old stuff. Just a moment." She arose from her chair and walked out of the room, leaving Fethry dumbfounded.

The succession of three sets of feet entering the room drew his attention. "Boys, good, you're here. We're almost done here, and then we can go."

"Great." Louie had his arms crossed, back turned to his brothers. Dewey glared at the back of Louie's head, and Huey frowned.

Fethry scanned over their body language. "Are you guys okay?"

"Everything's great!" Huey said a little too loud, his smile obviously forced.

Fethry was about to pry more when Downy walked back in. She held out a scroll of paper to him. "Here's the papyrus. Don't end the world with it. You got what you came here for, now get out of my house."

Reading over what was written, Feathry tried to figure out why Bradford would want it. Unsuccessful, he shrugged and shoved it in his coat pocket. "With pleasure, Downy. Come along, boys." He waved for the triplets to follow him, who did so quietly. Fethry couldn't help but sense something was terribly off with them, despite what Huey had said. I'm gonna need a really big knife to cut that tension.