•four•

When my shift finally ended, I went into the back and found Caleb. "Hey I'm heading out, could you walk me, haven't seen the guy around but just in case, he was really pushing it." Caleb nodded and handed the order he was dealing with to Laurel, our other coworker.

He walked me out to my car, I never saw the guy, I thanked Caleb and got in my car. I checked my phone quickly before I drove home. I walked inside and Karl was sitting on the couch.

The tv wasn't on, he was just sort of sitting there. "Hey Karl, you good?" I asked and his eyes like blew open.

"Woah yeah I'm good, I just zoned out." He shook his head a bit.

"Okay then, that's cool." I said heading back into my bathroom to change out of my work clothes and take my makeup off.

I went into the living room after and flopped on top of Karl. Sort of like a cat but I was on my back. He let out a small hmph sound as I landed but then he just patted my head.

"Karl, I don't really know what to do?" I said and then stopped although he probably didn't know what I was talking about.

"About what?" He said.

"Josh, I'm so tired of the back and forth, but I love him..." I trailed off.

"What do you mean?" He asked, this was the one thing I didn't talk to him about, I never told anyone about how Josh and I fought. Karl obviously knew something happened because of when I'd come home crying but I never explained what.

"He loses his temper, he shouts and sends me away, but he always apologizes, and sometimes he's so nice, he treats me so well... but he's been talking to another girl, and some of my friends said they saw him with her and they kissed, I convinced myself it wasn't him but what if it was?" I finished.

"Kat... I, I don't know what to say? Why don't you leave him, he sounds terrible." He said.

"What if I leave and then no one wants me, what if I can't find anyone else? What will I do if things change, I don't remember how to live without having to expect people to lose their mind on me." I whispered the last part.

"Kat-" I looked up at him before cutting him off.

"You know what, never mind, I should probably get to sleep, I have work again tomorrow." I said.

When I went into my room, I pulled out my phone and decided to message Wilbur.

K- Heyyy! Wanna play something?

W- yeah sure, what did you want to play?

K- wanna play roblox, just for shits and giggles, who knows it might be fun?

W- really not what I expected, but sure.

I went over to my computer and started a call with Wilbur. He picked up and I opened roblox.

"Wil! Okay, so hear me out, we could roblox role play, but like interact with all the twelve year olds who are pretending to like have cancer and stuff." I said.

"You want to make fun of a bunch of teenagers?" He said incredulously.

"Yes, exactly." I responded.

"Okay then I guess." He said.

"Can I stream this?" He asked and I considered it.

"I don't know, I've never really been on streams before..." I said, hesitant.

"We don't have to say anything about who you are, and if you are nervous about chat, just ignore them, just play like normal." He said.

"Okay sure! This might be fun!" I said and he deafened know in the call.