Kokonoi // She's Worth it [ 2 ]

Start from the beginning

"Where is this coming from, Koko?"

I went silent for a while. She was looking straight at me and I gazed at her beautiful eyes.

"You saw him didn't you? and you cried after."

Her eyes widened.

"I didn't spy on you. It's just that, someone saw you and told me about it."

I caress her cheeks. "I've been waiting for you for five years now, y/n. I thought that if I gave you the time, you would slowly give me your heart but it's not going to happen, isn't it?" I paused for a while.

"Sometimes, I think if this is still worth it."

"Wha- what are you implying?"

I took a deep breath and gently smiled at her. "Let's take a break for a while. I will let you figure out what you want."

"Love..."

"I will still support you."

"No, it's not about the money." She stands up.

"I know..." I stand up from my seat. "But if I can't have your heart, what's the point of this relationship?"

She looks down and I nod. I tap her shoulders before I walk past her.

***

"You're single again after five years! Cheers to your failed relationship!" Rindou said. I just ignored him.

"Here, I ordered something to cheer you up!" he said, gesturing the escorts to come inside the VIP. I gesture my hand to stop and sway my fingers asking them to leave.

"What? That was the finest meat! You're single so there's nothing wrong with sleeping around." Rindou said, scratching his temples.

"I don't need that," I said as I drank my bourbon.

"Boo! Ever since you had y/n as your girlfriend, you became boring."

I didn't listen to Rindou's whining. I just looked at my drink and swirled it before I drank them straight.

***

y/n

I moved out of Koko's mansion. I rented a small apartment that fits me. My mom has her own house that Koko gave her. I just can't ask her to move out all of a sudden because she's getting old. Koko said that our problem has nothing to do with my mother so there's no need to bother her there.

As much as it hurts my pride, he's right. I can't drag my mother to our problem as a couple. But I plan to move her out of that house. I just need to find a stable income.

I made my dinner. As I am setting the table, I unconsciously put two plates. It was supposed to be for me and Koko but he's not here, we broke up.

Weeks passed and I'm starting to miss him. Sometimes I find myself calling him out of the habit.

"What do you think, Love?" I halt when I realize that he's not here.

"Oh. I forgot again." I let out a faint chuckle. I went to my cupboard and took some wine and a wine glass, I poured myself a generous amount of wine and sat at the chair near the kitchen counter. I swirl the red liquid inside the glass before I drink it.

At night I miss his hugs. I miss his kisses, the way he made me feel safe, the way he assures me that I'm not alone, that I have him.

I stared into my empty space, I felt so alone. I am lonely and for the first time, I cried, not because of Shinichiro but because of him.