Chapter 41 ~ The Cinnamon Roll's HERE!!!!

Start from the beginning

E-Eeeeeehhh?!?!?! I-Isn't that amazing?! She surprised the noble society!!! Why don't she tell me about this?!?!?!

She only told me how well her lessons have been going! Illya, this is not on the level of "well"!!! This is amazing!!

"That's amazing!"

"Yes it is. Moreover, seeing as she was still without a fiance, it seems that the Luminum household had been receiving plenty of marriage proposals for her daughter from various nobles."

"Woooww, that's very amazing... She never mention any of this in our letters..."

"I see. Perhaps she wanted to leave it as a surprise."

Suddenly, dad kneeled down in front of me and looked at me at eye level.

W-What? What's this all of a sudden?

"Alterisa. There is something I want to warn you about Marquis Luminum."

"Hm? What is it that?"

"Marquis Luminum is a good man with a good head on his shoulders. But, he is not without his flaws. As you may know from his daughter, he is focused on his work, enough to neglect his family. He isn't someone who will ignore the will of his daughter entirely, but just like everyone in the noble's society, he will still try to approach those with power greater than his, just like our household, and use his daughter to do so."

Oooohh... Right. No matter how innocent and cute Illya is, her father wouldn't be as innocent and cute. After all, he's a Marquis, a member of nobility. In that kind of world, he'll be eaten alive if he's cute and innocent.

"I don't mean you can't be friends with her. But keep this in mind. You inviting her to our estate will not cause a problem since our households are allies. But any further, then it will have its own repercussions, especially because she is a girl and your brother still doesn't have a fiance."

"Oh... I see. Then should I not let her meet Lu-nii?"

"...Maybe not this soon. If she meets and becomes close with him this soon, other nobles may think that your friend is trying to seduce Lucas into falling in love with her through you. She will not be seen in a good light."

"I see. I understand. Then would it be better if they meet after talks about her achievements die down?"

"Mm. That will be better. I will also speak with Marquis Marvin about this and tell him not to say anything about her visits here for now. I'm sure he will listen."

"Okay. Thank you, dad."

"You're welcome, dear."

He kissed me on my cheeks and stood back up.

"Then, I will be leaving now. See you later, princess."

"Uhn! Bye bye~"

Hah... Nobility is such a pain, isn't it~

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

"U-Uhm! A-A-Alterisa-sama! T-Thank you very much for your invitation!!!"

She's heeeeeeere!!!!!!!!! MY BABYYYYY!!!!!!!

Oooohh~! She looks different from when I first met her!

Illya was very timid and had a gloomy and melancholic aura around her that made her look like a tragic heroine when I first met her during my debutante.

But now, she had become so much more beautiful and bright!!! Her timid frown had turned into a shy but cute smile. Her beautiful long brown hair that was styled simply before was now tied into a beautiful crown braid! She doesn't exude a timid or melancholic aura anymore!