~1~

Like a psychopath, she fought to regain control over her body. Screaming, crying, flailing, it wasn't enough, the last thing Catra saw was a smirk, green eyes glistening as he watched her suffer. "All beings must suffer to become pure" echoed around the room. Slowly sinking into the green liquid, all she could think about was Adora. "Don't you dare come for me." She thought. Slowly, the brightness of the room drifted away as Catra lost consciousness and all control of her was handed to Horde Prime.

-

Adora didn't know what to do. Her and Catra were like, enemies. But as she paced around the ship, she couldn't help but feel a longing in her heart, to go to horde primes ship, to get Catra back, to bring her home. "Adora?" Adora turned around at the mention of her name, it was Bow. "Whats up? You're acting super weird right now." Bow said, a hint of curiosity in his voice. "Oh nothing, nothing. Just..tired?" She pronounced, almost as a question. "Yup tired! Hah.. uhm better get to bed y'know, don't wanna pass out with..uh- tiredism!" She stated. "Tiredism isn't even a wor -" before Bow could finish his sentence Adora had sprinted off to her room.

She lay on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. Catra's like, a super bad person, right? She tried to kill them a bunch of times, she set off a portal that killed Angella, so why was Adora looking to go back for her? Why was she wishing she could save her? Well, Because no matter what wicked deeds Catra might perform, one good thing would make all of those deeds history to Adora. And they had been through so much together, they grew up in a horrible place, but they had eachother. They went through Shadow Weavers cruel 'parenting'..together. The question that lingered in Adora's mind was, why? Why did Catra save glimmer. Why did Catra save Adora? Why? Why? Why?

Out of nowhere, a sparklely sound is heard and Glimmer appears, "hey Adora, Bow said you were acting weird. What's up?" Adora jumped at the unexpected clamor. "Oh uhm nothing, just..tired." Adora commented, poorly hiding the fact she wasn't being genuine. "Come on Adora, we all know you suck at acting. It's like, the one thing you're not good at." She announced, half jokingly. Adora looked from the ceiling to Glimmer, regretting it instantly as she locked eyes with Glimmer. The short girl with pink and purple hair staring deeply into her eyes made her feel weak, vulnerable. "I-" Adora sat up, trying to find a way to finish her sentence. Glimmer walked towards her, gently laying a hand on her left shoulder and hopping up onto the bed. "You can tell me Adora, I'm here to listen." That sentence made Adora break, she was holding onto her last thread and it snapped.

She couldn't help it, she started venting, something she absolutely hated doing. But there was no controlling it. "Catra! It's Catra! I don't know what to do, she saved you right? But she's a bad person! She doesn't save people! But she did. So I'm really confused, and I know she did a lot of horrible things and I know she pained you in an unforgivable way but I really-" Adora was cut off by Glimmer, basically finishing her sentence; "you want to save her." Adora looked up, teary eyed. "I-..yeah." Glimmer smiled at her sympathetically. "As much as I hate that Horde Scum, she saved me..so I'll do as much as I can to help you." Adora wiped tears from her eyes. "Thanks Glim, you're the best.." Adora whispered, sniffling.

"Excuse me?!" Bow made a dramatic entrance, bursting open the door and standing sassily with his hands on his hips. "She's the best?! I'm clearly better!" Bow bragged. Adora sniffled, giggling. "Sorry" she said in a sarcastic, sing-song voice. All 3 of them laughed together and fell into a comfortable silence. Adora was content, she was supported by her friends. That was all she needed.

-

"Little sister." Horde Prime stated, proudly. Catra slowly opened her eyes "it worked." He whispered. Her eyes were a glowing green, just like her controller, Horde Prime. "Glory be to Horde Prime" Catra's uncharacteristic voice said, no emotion whatsoever, she sounded numb. His smirk grew wider, "you are free to go, little sister." Catra walked away, no emotion in her face, the only thing showing any sign of her past self being the carelessness in her steps, one after the other.

"Wait." Horde Prime growled. Catra stopped dead in her tracks, "your.. hair, don't you think we could change it up a bit? A fresh start." Catra lazily nodded, against her will. "As I thought, little sister" He grabbed her arm, dragging her to the other room. The room was like all the others, empty. Apart from the chair sitting in the middle of the room, with a small stool sat next to it. Holding a few hair supplies. Sitting her down, he thoughtlessly picked up a pair of scissors that were lying on the rusted small stool. Gradually cutting all of her long, dark, thick hair. "Good." Horde Prime stated, unenthusiastically. "Thank you, Horde Prime." Catra added, softly. "You may go to your room." He said, gently petting the top of her head, showing a sign of possession. Like she was his, like she wasn't her own person. Like he created her. Like he hadn't just ruined her whole life.

As Catra sat on the edge of her bed she regained consciousness for a few seconds, where was she? Was she..under primes control? She couldn't breath, her chest heaving in and out heavily. Her mouth open, gasping for air. She screamed, as loud as she could. Nothing came out. Her failed attempt at screaming turned into sobs, barely breathing, scared, vulnerable..Weak. She clutched her head, her nails digging into her scalp. "Please, make it stop!" She wailed, she heard a cold voice behind her "my pleasure." The last thing she could feel was a hard punch on the back of her neck, loosing consciousness again. She turned around.. "glory..be to Horde Prime" she was back under his control.