1

"Happy 18, Imogen!" She ran over,not caring that she shouldn't be making any unnecessary movements that could weaken her, more than she already was

"Thanks Ma." I said, engulfed by her in a hug. "At least you didn't forget." I mumbled in her chest.

She stroked my hair. "How could I, dear? Today, is your day." I looked up at her. Ma's right, this was my day. Whether Hope liked it or not. I was going to shift and have my first actual run.

"Now go get changed, I've prepared breakfast. And call you sister down for me, will you?"

Step-sister.

" Of course."

"Thanks, Imogen" Ma said giving me a bright smile.

I run upstairs and close the double doors behind me. I slide down the door and put my hands on my head. The migraine still hadn't left me even though I had some turmeric powder in the sandwich I made myself earlier.
I stood up abruptly and walked towards the closet but not before hearing several furious knock.
"Imogen! Open the door!!"

I rolled my eyes at her. At least she didn't just open the door like last time.

The door clicked open before I even had the chance to blink.

Nevermind.

"God, Immy! Open the door next time!" Hope said, clearly irritated.

"Holly." I smiled at her.

She rolled her eyes. "You have clothes don't you?" She walked into my closet, me following behind her.

"I do believe that is a basic requirement to have." I said.

She rolled her eyes at me again.

I sighed.
"Yes, I have clothes but for what exactly?"

"For a party." She said, looking at her nails. Must have had a manicure.

"Well you can have look around, if you want." I shrugged backing away to give her space.

"Didn't need your permission but thanks." She began to walk around the closet room. Judging my clothes.

She stopped at my tops and picked up a black lace strap crop top. And hummed before moving on to my Jean area. She picked up a dark blue one and examined it before nodding. She then threw them at me. Unexpected, I tried to catch. Which I successfully did.

"Ask the maids to iron it for you." She said before walking out the door.

For me?

I walked to the door stopping by my desk and placed the clothes on the chair, then closed the doors and sighed.

I didn't even tell her to go downstairs.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my teeth and brushed my brown hair. Once I had finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. Standing next to Ma, you could tell I was the adopted one. While they had their ginger hair and were white of colour, I had silky soft brown hair, brown eyes and tanned skin to complement me. And while they had their own body shape, I ,in lack for better words, what was someone would call thicc. And I wasn't a big fan of it. It was ever so awkward when they asked what size I wore. And all throughout high school, pants were a big problem.

I couldn't find a size bigger than 15-16 year olds. And the pants overall were good. It was just the butt part. I had the ever so feeling that if I sat down I would rip them. So staying at home with comfortable clothes was always the better idea. But I couldn't tell my parents that. They would try to get me to go out more so I just said that I was never invited to anything anyways.