"All right class, today we will be judging your murals! It was Monday, and the mural painting contest was over. Ms. Marshall and Mr. Lane, who owned the grocery store but was also a big fan of art, were standing in the front of the classroom. 

"Each of your murals are lined up against the right wall here," Ms. Marshall continued. " Mr. Lane and I will judge each of them. The other class is having their judging right now.

The school was pretty small, so it was separated into 2 different classes: Grades Kindergarten to 4th Grade, and grades 5th Grade to 8th grade, along with the main office in the back of the building, a small janitor's closet, and two bathrooms, one for the girls and one for the boys I and Amelia were in the 5th to 8th-grade classroom, since we were in 6th grade.

Mr. Lane and Ms. Marshall walked down the aisle of paintings, muttering to themselves and writing down notes on a clipboard. Then they walked back to the desk and compared their notes.

As I looked down the row of murals, I realized that they were all kind of good, even Johnathan and Mark's and they were never the artsy types.

"Alright, everyone!" Ms. Marshal said after what seemed like hours. "Head outside to the playground. We'll be out in a few minutes with the results."

It was hot that day, and as I waited outside, I felt hot sweat dripping down my face. The younger students sat to the left of Amelia and I.

"Do you think we won?" Amelia asked me.

"I'm sure of it!" I told her reassuringly. "And if we didn't, I bet it was a close second."

"You're right, Holly." She decided. "But imagine if Mark and Johnathan beat us!"

"You're saying the impossible, I laughed. My anxiety started to melt away in the summer heat.

Just then, Ms. Marshal and Mr. Lane came out, as well as Mr. Holland and Mr. Han, who were judging the younger grades.

"All right, everyone!" Mr. Lane said. "After some discussions, Ms. Marshall and I have come up with the winner for this class, as well as 2nd and 3rd place, who will receive a free trip to Dopond Farms in Whadale!" Everyone perked up. Dopond Farms was a popular farm that everyone loved. They gave horse rides and had a bunch of bunnies that they gave to the kids to take care of. Everyone started whispering to each other but went silent when Ms. Marshall started talking again.

"In 3rd place....." everyone was on their toes.

"Mark and Johnathan!" Everyone clapped. Their mural was pretty good, I thought. 

"In 2nd place...." Ms. Marshall continued. "......Charlotte and Marissa!" The two girls hugged each other with joy, then sat back down to see who the 1st place winner was.

"In first place........" Mr. Lane said. "Is.......Amelia and Holly!" I screamed with joy. I had been hoping to get first place, but I never actually thought I would. Amelia started shaking me back and forth, screaming, "We won, Holly! We actually won!"

The other class had their winners as well, but I was so happy I wasn't even listening. This had been the best day ever.