IV

"What does he look like?" Amelia asked me as we walked home from school to go see Midnight.

"Well, he's got a black coat, and he's really cute," I replied.

"But all foals are cute!" She argued.

"That's true," I said back to her.

Amelia and I had been picked to team up for the mural contest, but we were too busy talking about Midnight to think about it.

When we got to my house, we saw Midnight eating some oats out of a bucket, but when he saw me, he neighed with happiness. It had only been a few days, but he already seemed to have formed a bond with me. Amelia ran up to him and started hugging him. " Aw, he's so cute, Holly!" She exclaimed.

I know, I replied to her.

We spent the rest of the afternoon hugging Midnight and taking care of him. Then, my dad called me in for dinner.

"Can I come again before school to see him?" Amelia asked me pleadingly.

"Of course!" I told her. "You can help me feed him, and then we can walk to school together."

"And to talk about what our mural is going to be," she reminded me.

"And about the mural," I said. Amelia and I said our goodbyes, then Amelia headed home.

After dinner, I had spent another 2 hours coming up with a design for our mural. I would show it to Amelia tomorrow and see what she thought of it. When my clock showed the time was 10:23, I decided I'd been up long enough and fell asleep.