Chapter 22: Checkmate

Start from the beginning

but no one responded. Instead they just look serious af

Chabs: "no response? very well. Lets just begin. You'll take your first end of term exam after this: Modern Japanese. It's forbidden to turn your paper over until I give the signal to start. Pay attention to this."

Chabashira-sensei didn't have the student at the front of each row pass the exams backward but instead placed the exam sheets on each desk one at a time.

Chabs: "The exam lasts for fifty minutes per subject with 10 minute break after each exam. Try to avoid calling in sick or the need to use the restroom as much as possible. If you aren't able to wait it out whatsoever, please let me know by raising your hand. You aren't allowed to leave the classroom for any other reason after the start of the exam. Also, you can't submit the exam right after you finished. You have to wait until the time is finished."

Kiyo: *whispering* "it seems our competition is cancelled"

Tatsuya: "quite unfortunate. I was getting excited"

Chabs: "Shiba, Ayanokoji, pay attention. Even though both of you can tackle this easily, don't get overconfident"

Tatsuya: "sorry, sensei"

Kiyo: "sorry for that. Continue please"

Chabs: "I have nothing to continue."

Chabasira sensei proceeds to hand out the papers to every students

Chabs: *glancing at her watch* "allright, your test starts now"

I opened the papers and scanned the questions.

Everything turned out as I expected

I raised my head, and my eyes crossed with Chabashira-sensei who was watching the class from the podium.However, Chabashira-sensei wasn't the one I was paying attention to.

Instead, I took note of how Kushida Kikyō was handling the exam in front of her.Even though the exam had started, there was no indication that her arm was moving.

 She appeared to be checking something as she went over the questions several times.She made sure of everything for two or three minutes before she finally began to solve the exam questions. 

In this way, the tense exams continued past the first without any time for leisure or idle chatter.

 However, there was a slight incident during the fourth exam.It happened during the math exam, which is supposed to be when Horikita and Kushida's direct confrontation would be decided. 

It was immediately after we turned our exams over after the start signal.

Kikyo: "Why......" Kushida's voice leaked out despite her attempt to suppress it. 

Chabs: "what's wrong, Kushida?"

Kikyo: "n-n-n-n-nothing..."

now lets just enjoy her last bit of resistance..

Timeskip, Result day(One week later)

Kiyo: "you look relieved."

Suzune: "of course, this exam was really challenging after all"

Kiyo: "how much will you get on math?"

Suzune: "100 is what I want to say, but there is an unclear question for me. But at the very least, I already scored 98. There is no way Kushida san can score higher than that"

Kiyo: "even if she did, you preapared a counter attack right?"

Suzune: "yes. I can buy 2 points with 200.000 even if she scored above me. My victory is secured"