Seven

By the time Yoongi's car pulls into the driveway, Taehyung has hardened himself to be pushed into- or as close to- the mindset of the trained killer he is.

For the most part, numb to the thought of what will be coming next.

The two glasses of wine he'd had along with a shot of tequila definitely helped aid in that feat.

There's a handgun that's been placed in the drawer with the hand towels near the kitchen sink.

He's hoping he won't have to use it- wanting it more as a back up plan- as he's decided on a less violent method of attack.

He's added a special ingredient to the seasoning on the roast, a quick acting poisonous powder that he's hoping will be enough to make his husband's death quick and painless.

Despite his meditation and seemingly solid enough prepping, Taehyung still felt his nerves a bit shaken.

He's cutting himself some slack for his shakier than usual hand in this case though.

He's planning to kill his husband after all. They don't train you for something like this.

Targets are usually strangers he's never met before, not someone he built a life with.

When he hears the familiar sound of the garage door opening, he leers out the kitchen window, watching the headlights as Yoongi pulls into the garage.

Next he hears the sound of the garage door closing followed by a car door slam he knows there's only a few seconds left until his plan officially starts.

He ultimately decided to play it cool as to not provoke Yoongi to attack. There's still a chance he doesn't know Taehyung was there today and Taehyung would really rather not draw attention to it if he doesn't need to.

He takes a few cleansing breaths, plasters a smile on his face as he begins taking the side dishes to the table for dinner.

"Hi hyung!" Taehyung greets– cringing a bit at how forced the words sound– when Yoongi walks in.

He watches out of the corner of his eye as Yoongi shrugs off his jacket before slipping out of his dress shoes.

"Hello sweetheart." He calls back in the relaxed, light yet tired voice he usually does.

When Yoongi turns his back to Taehyung to hang his jacket on the hook inside beside garage door, he takes that as a chance to rest his eyes fully in Yoongi, only having side eyed him until now as to not make his gawking so obvious.

He still can't quite believe it. His husband is so naturally un-confrontational. Peaceful.

How could he possibly be a killer?

Then again, no one would guess Taehyung to be one either.

Taehyung who adores pretty bracelets and earrings, could watch The Notebook everyday and never tire of it, and hates recreational exercise, is also a trained killer.

He continues to stare at Yoongi's back, lips pouted as he stooped in his wondering, thinking of all of the shared secrets and similar job experiences neither have ever talked about with the other.