Chapter 2: A Study In Scarlet

It doesn't take you long to find out where they're keeping Loki, after all, there were only so many holding cells on the Helicarrier that could potentially hold him. Although you wondered how they were going to keep him in his cell, considering the guy knew magic. I mean you were by no means a master but you had several different options for escaping from a cell or locked room. You doubted Nick Fury took the proper precautions to contain a magical being considering he knew close to nothing about magic. You tried to explain some of the stuff you learned to Fury in the past but he was usually too busy or showed very little interest. You were pretty bad at explaining it, at least when it came to trying to explain something under pressure or to a group of more than three people. Besides after the head incident, there were very few agents who would willingly spend time with you, if any. Well, Agent Romanoff was seeming to warm up to you, and her friend Agent Barton was nice too. He was always friendly to you but you could tell when he found out the truth as he grew distant. He was still really nice during the following interactions but he hardly joined you for tea and coffee or lunch breaks anymore.

You made your way there while trying to not look completely suspicious but you doubt that you pulled it off. Luckily none of the Agents would talk to you unless they absolutely had to or if you were clearly in violation of something. You started to get more nervous the closer you got to his cell and even stopped to reconsider but no matter what you kept going. You eventually stood right outside the door to the room and as you were about to go in you hear and see Nick Fury talking to him. Your eyes go wide as you see Fury start to leave and you quickly zip around the corner to hide from him. Thankfully he went the other way, down the opposite hall back in the direction of the bridge, probably for that meeting Agent Romanoff mentioned.

You waited a few minutes before regaining your courage and walking back over to the door, poking your head in to make sure the coast was clear. You see that the coast is in fact clear, letting out a huge sigh in relief as you start relaxing, closing your eyes in the process for a few seconds. However you didn't enter the room just yet, you found yourself watching Loki, studying him for a minute, seeing as he hadn't noticed you yet. You stare at the young God contently and for whatever reason, you were finding it somewhat difficult to take your eyes off of him. This however changes when he notices you gazing at him and you quickly look away and hide behind the other side of the door.

You realize that you might have just fucked up, as he orders you to show yourself saying "I know you're there mortal, come out at once". You poke your head back in to see Loki looking at you amused rather than annoyed which was a surprise. "They send a little girl to spy on me, they must be desperate," he remarks while he circles his cell, studying everything around him as if he found it interesting. You roll your eyes and smile before walking in, coming into full view but still standing by the door to avoid the cameras. "They have no need to send anyone to spy on you, that's what the cameras are for" you reply while pointing a couple of them out to him. You give him a general description of their location as he wasn't looking at you and therefore couldn't tell where you were pointing.

Loki turns back to look at you with a smirk, his eyes flicker up and down as if he were inspecting you. "What are you? You don't look like a Shield agent to me" he says curiously with his arms crossed and a raised brow. "What tipped you off Sherlock? Was it my hair, my eyes, or my fabulous but definitely not Shield-issued outfit?" you say giving him a little spin so you could show off to someone how much you loved what you were wearing.

You really leaned into the whole witch/magic theme pretty hard, at least when it came to your clothing choices. Your style fell somewhere in the range between dark victorian and witchy cottagecore with any variant of the dozens of goth and punk styles thrown in for a bit of flavour. Today you had on a dark navy blue, semi-sheer celestial-print lacy victorian button-up with lovely mutton sleeves and metallic stars for the cuff buttons. You could easily see your black gothic style bra through your top and the black Rockmore leather belt corset you also had on definitely completed the top half of your outfit. As for the bottom half you had on a pair of high-wasted black leather leggings with lace-up sides that went up all the way and even gave you a sweet little peek of what was underneath. Your black punk platform boots with a slight heel hid your super cute mix-match Pokemon socks; one was Squirtle and the other was Shuckle. You had your hair done up like Princess Leia while she was a slave on Tatooine except you had two long braids instead of one. You were wearing multiple moon and star earrings and a black choker necklace with a pentagram star hanging in the center. You weren't really wearing any make-up besides your blackberry lipgloss that stained your lips kind of purple.