This was the fucking worst timing. I bared my teeth, I wanted to kill whoever did this, and instead I knew they would have had the backing of their pack, lift one finger to fight back and I'd be gutted like a fish. I saw red, but on the surface casually collected my things.

He jumped. "Stop." Reed cringed beside me, backing away still holding one of my shirts he picked up.

I frowned at him, grabbing the shirt. "Stop what."

He shrugged uneasily, "The growling, it's putting me on edge man..."

I didn't even realise I was growling, but when he mentioned it I noticed I was growling again. A low reverberant tone that I almost missed. It was lower than I was used to, and there was perhaps an edge to it, but I still wasn't sure why Reed suddenly looked so wary of me..

"Dude... stop..." He frowned at me, keeping his distance. 

I pursed my lips and scowled at him. "Why are you getting freaked out, I have a right to be pissed, you should be glad I'm not fucking roaring right now."

"You're giving off a different vibe though..." He looked worried and grabbed an item, chucking it for me to catch.

I caught it. "What do you mean?" Shit, even the pillows had been cut into, at least one would have been nice.

He shook his head. "It's... It's probably just me." But he kept a small distance from me.

And our conversation returned to normal. We collected whatever was left unharmed and would fit in the bag until it looked like it was about to give birth to quadruplets. It was always surprising how many items I managed to rack up living in a place for six months. Then when I had to move again I had no room and took only so much only to hoard again.

Having things in my room always made me feel a bit better, like it was a home. I always dreamed of something nicer though, somewhere I could stay long term near a forest or something. I could hunt rabbits and foxes and fish and hang pictures on the walls and know they were gonna be there for a while.

"Fuck." I said finally as I grabbed my shit and we headed for the door. "I'm gonna have to kidnap him for real."

Reed glanced at me uneasily. "You don't think he'll want to come?"

I groaned, trying to close a door which barely still had a handle before letting it swing, half closed. "I don't know. He's not as blind to the bond as I thought he was, but he has a habit of telling me what to do. If he doesn't come with me... I don't know what to do."

"What are you going to do?"

"Ah, shit." I spoke over him, realising something annoying. "I haven't told him yet."

"What?"

"That I'm a werewolf. I never got to it. This was fucked up timing."

Reed didn't seem impressed as he helped me lug some of the larger things I wanted to take with like a pair of trainers, the soles were a little rubbed out but shoes were expensive.

I ran my hands through my hair and groaned loudly.

"You should have straight up told him before fucking him the first night."

I glared at him. "That's fucking bullshit and you know it. I couldn't even think around him, all I knew was I wanted him then and there. I wasn't going to try freaking him out with a lecture on the history of the secret shapeshifter colony living in the heart of his town. What if I gave him a heart attack?"

"Well... now you got problems."

He checked his watch. "And I'm late so we need to get you to a train station fast."

He wouldn't come with me. He wouldn't understand my need to leave and he had too much to lose, that house was warm and friendly, with gently colourful designs and paintings and old soft duvet covers. It had a scent that was mild yet comforting that hovered about, something flowery. Expensive furniture, lots of windows, light filtering through making the entire place seem friendly and glistening.

I first had to explain that I was a werewolf, I had to mark his neck, let everyone know he was mine, then I could finally assert my dominance properly and order him to come with me.

I relaxed a little. That sounded like it made sense. And imagining the older man tilting his head submissively, a fresh mark on his neck that let everyone know that he was mine, it made my blood heat up.

"Reed." I said quietly as I slowed down, hand on my travel bag.

He turned to look at me.

"I'm gonna stay."

His eyes went wide. "You what?"

I scratched my head. "Yeah... Not here... but I'll find a new place."

"What for, fucking hell Lowell you'll get bloodied up if they catch you!"

I looked down at the laminate flooring and up at the ceiling lights. Somewhere off in the distance there was a dog barking.

"I'll stay for a while, ease Max into my world, then I can take him with me."

He looked puzzled. "You said you were going to kidnap him."

"You prefer that?"

"Jesus, no!" He then made a face. "I mean... Well, no..."

I huffed, "Alright, then let's get going. I still need to get as far away from this as I can, then I need to disturb the scent trail in case they're a bunch sneaky sons of bitches."

He nodded immediately, following in toe as I marched off.

The reward would be worth it. Nice and slow, then I get to have my cake and eat it too... and lick it all over and fuck the shit out of it until he's screaming my name and walking weird with my cum dripping down his legs.

I mean, let's just be candid and replace the word 'cake' with Max. 

[A/N]  (o'〰'o)♡

Deadnerd4life ♆ MidnightMystery2000 ♆ sour_reads ♆ Alysse714 ♆ LadyQueen-Sama ♆ dianaluvsumore ♆ Nakiro ♆ bec212 ♆ lilay_lol ♆ cherry_100 ♆ Aylaxana ♆ OrphyliaVix ♆ midnightdirrtyGsweet ♆ direfaery ♆ darkabyss7851 ♆ Onibun ♆ Annabun ♆ hasnoshamexx ♆ Echo_53 ♆ eatsyounu ♆ lily122436 ♆ Nightstalkingheroes ♆ Kasilo ♆ pettyparys ♆ hannah_khatter ♆ Madara ♆ min_aholic ♆ kenmaakaashi