past is catching up

MARTINA

We both stood at the end of the carriage since belle's parents insisted on bringing a carriage for safety purposes. I wasn't against the thought, I may be a great assassin but being careful nowadays is good. I will never let my ego get the best of me when it comes to the love of my life. 

 we have been training for many moons now, I want her to be prepared for everything, even when the time comes that I couldn't save her anymore. 

" Your Majesties, we must leave right away, a ball will be held in 3 days, we must make haste, the fitting will be tomorrow" a female counselor read the schedule to belle.  she was as beautiful when I first met her in the library that day. She's wearing a simple white dress and a hat, while I'm fine with whatever she gives me, I still wear my hood.

I've been frequently wearing dresses to accompany the love of my life wherever she goes, our love language has always been touch and something in between.  now our arms are intertwined while looking at  footmen bringing 

"I feel a storm is brewing my love, I don't want to go back" her grip on my arm was tense.

" responsibilities aside I do to care about whatever lineage I have mi amore, I have you that's enough for me, we could go back to my village and live a quiet life, but I don't want to cage you, the decision is yours" I kissed her forehead and hugged her as gently as I can, over the years that we've been together. same-sex love is common in this kingdom. it wasn't frowned upon. it was a haven for loving whoever you desire freely. 

 my sword is secure on my waist when we got into the carriage snow and midnight were rode by trusted guards,  trailing behind us at a fast pace. 

"I want to greet the delegates of that kingdom, be it may they should be trustworthy if not, I wouldn't mind having a war for you"  her expression was dim, I hope she doesn't feel any threat if that certain family member of mine takes me away. 

"I do not desire a kingdom if you're not gonna be my queen mi amor, it would be a pleasure that we live in a quiet house all to ourselves, that will be our kingdom, wouldn't you want that " i started to kiss her palm and knuckles. her eyes softens and she gave me a kiss on the forehead. 

"I wouldn't mind being a simple warrior's wife"
she giggles and laid her head on my lap.  we traveled for a day and when we arrived our maids helped her and me settle back in. king Maurice and the queen were already at the steps of the door. 

" it has been a while my dears"
he chuckled and belle went on for a hug.

" Now why don't you both get some rest before we have dinner, in the meantime, we must walk to the roses my dear" the queen smiled and gave us each a kiss on the forehead. 

 this family has a very odd way of life, they're very different from the royals that our pack killed before.  a result of hiding from us for so many years has humbled belle's family, they were working as a butcher and a seamstress for years until belle came of age and I took her away. but that matter has already become a fond memory and they treat me not as a guest but as a family member. as belle's lady in waiting and lover.  we were escorted to our chambers. As her lady in waiting my chambers are connected to hers, if she ever needed anything. 

I personally do not need a maid but they insisted that I am of royal birth and I needed etiquette training. the royal couple started to post governess and other noble instructors were assigned to me and educate me to be acceptable in the noble and royal circle.  belle was with me throughout each lesson, she would request to participate to help me and create a chance to touch each other's hands more than we could.

I untied my gear and sword and sat down on the foot of my bed, it was quite a luxurious room compared to the ones I'm used to, but living here for 2 years with her and the rest of the people in the castle, it wasn't horrible.  I had already accepted that I wasn't the alpha's real daughter but it was still a part of me. I will never be the princess that they expected me to be. 

 three soft knocks echoed outside the door connected to belle before I saw her head peeking through them.  I opened my arms and she hastily went inside.

" have you missed me already mi amore" I gave her a face.  She didn't answer, instead, she charged, catching me off balance and knocking me over the bed  I landed on my back, the air pressing out of my lungs as she landed on top of me. The basket flew across the room, clattering to the ground somewhere

past the table. Belle burst out laughing and rubbed at a red spot on her forehead. "Your chest is made of stone. I think Francine should let you eat a few more bowls of stew now and then."

" and that's only for you, What's gotten into you, mi amore?" I pouted and she giggled

"silence, I do not need a reason to see the love of my life if I miss her" Belle smacked my chest. That was it. Neither one of us attempted to move. Even as my palm settled on her lower back and our labored breathing forced our chests together.

she says a few words in deep french, and she even kisses my fingers.

"What'd you say?" I ask with a growing smile, one I can't suppress now. The pull between us is mellow, but hot, like magma that slowly rolls down volcanic rock.

"I said, you're very beautiful." she could have her pick of any girl in this empire. It's hard to

believe she'd fall for me. "what do you see when you look at me?" I ask in a whisper.

"I see you as my Queen, but oftentimes I could see me growing old with you" 

we kissed like there was no tomorrow until the maids called the two of us for supper. 

a/n - another update. tell me what you think so far and forgive me for the grammars.