Chapter VII:Kaleidoscope Beginnings

So. We've come all this way, through seven chapters, and what have we learned? Well I'm sure there are many things that can be strained out of the steaming piles of noodles that is my life, but what I get, is that my faith journey isn't over. It's just beginning. If any thing it's all about beginnings. Each of the my heroes had a new beginning or started walked into something new (in the case of the Pevensies, quite literally).

My faith journey is also about traveling and growing without leaving anything behind. Even the struggles and hard times. Each of these things makes you who you are.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would ya?"
-The Witch, Brave

When asked this question I think about the things that have happened and I have one answer, and one answer only.

No.

All of the things that have happened to me didn't happen for a reason. They didn't happen because there is a greater plan. I don't believe in fate. There is no thing called destiny. I believe in choices. Choices to do things in varying shades of grey. Not all choices are good or bad, just what you choose to do with these choices. Just because you take the path trodden on before doesn't mean your normal, and just because you take the path less trodden it doesn't mean it's origanal. Just what you make of it. We all see the world through a different kaleidoscope. Some have more colors but are blurry. Some's shapes are clear but less vibrant. Both are amazingly beautiful. When that kaleidoscope is handed to you what do you make of it?

As I stated in a previous chapter I'm a video game lover. On the topic of choices I'd like to tell you about To The Moon. It's a simple graphic story based RPG with a beautiful soundtrack. To get the full experience play the game, because believe me it is gorgeous and deep. I won't be able to put the story in its full glory but I'll try. The game is about two scientists who's job is to go back in memories to make help dying people's dreams come true. In the game an old man wants to go to the moon thus, the name. However as you play the scientists, you find deeper tragedies in the mans past. Eventually the question comes. We can make his dreams come true but that means the love of his life will never meet him. Just play the game, or if you rant the game type, watch markiplier play it on YouTube. This isn't just any game where you shoot zombies or build robots. It's a. Work of emotional art. And it's beautiful.

"And of course, I remember the most remarkable event. Remarkable because it never came to pass. It was averted by two boys, an old drunk, and a fallen angel."

- Castiel, 6.20 The Man Who Would Be King [talking about the apocalypse]

"Team Free Will. One ex-blood junkie, one dropout with 6 bucks to his name, and Mr. Comatose over there. Awesome."

- Dean Winchester, 5.13 The Song Remains the Same

In season five of supernatural, Dean and Sam, two brothers who hunt monsters for a living, must stop the oncoming battle between angels and demons trying to take them as vessels, the apocalypse. Wow, never thought I could summarize a season in one sentence.
Kinda sorta spoiler alert!
As Bobby, the boy's "adopted dad", says during the last big dust up upstairs, Michael was the one who booted lucifers butt down and out. Be aware I paraphrased it so it was appropriate. To put it simply Michael and lucifer, two angels who want the apocalypse to happen so they can have a big showdown need Sam and deans consent to use them as vessels to do their deeds because they're distant sons of Cain. How lucky for them, am I right? Lucifer wants Sam and Michael wants Dean but Sam and Dean don't want them. The thing that the angels and demons keep saying to them is it's your destiny. In the end however Sam and Dean are able to stop the apocalypse without doing what the higher powers say. Yay team free will! Happy ending for everyone. But Sam. Well you'll have to watch it if you want to find out. See what I did there? Heheh, so clever.

What does this have to do with choices? I'll leave that for you to figure out.
As for me finally ending this project/book......

Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.

Jim Henson