Rishta naya rabba... dil choo raha hai

Start from the beginning

"Mummy, hum thodi der mein aate hain." Sameer later informed Vishakha who was issuing instructions to the cooks for lunch.

She gave a startled look to them, "Tum dono kahan jaa rahe ho? Aaj kahin nahi jaa sakte. Aaj shaadi hai tumhari."

Sameer smiled, "Pata hai mummy. Naina ko kuch samaan laana hai. Hum jaldi aa jayenge."

Vishakha turned towards Naina, "Kuch chahiye toh mujhe batao. Main mangwa deti hun. Shaadi wale din bahar kyon jaana hai."

Naina glanced at Sameer as he was about to speak again, and gestured that she would explain. Looking back at Vishakha, she said, "Mummy, mujhe ghar se woh jewellery laani hai jo mumma ne meri shaadi ke liye banwayi thi. I'm sorry main aaj jaa rahi hun... pata nahi kyon, pehle khyal hi nahi aaya. Woh mujhe dulhan bante hue dekhna chahti thi. Aaj jab woh din aaya hai toh main..."

Vishakha placed a hand on her cheek as her voice faltered, "Haan, aaj tumhe wohi jewellery pehenni chahiye. Parents apne bachhon ki shaadi ke liye bohot se sapne dekhte hain. Jab woh poore hote hain toh unse zyada khush koi nahi ho sakta. Aaj Sameer ke sar pe sehra dekh ke jaise mujhe khushi hogi, waise tumhare parents jahan bhi honge, tumhe dulhan bane dekh ke unhe bohot achha lagega."

Naina hugged Vishakha, relieved that she understood her sentiments.

When they reached Bhalla aunty's house, she was surprised to find the garden well maintained. There were no flowering plants, but grass was trimmed and other plants were lush and green. She quickly entered the gate, half expecting aunty to come out. But main door was locked.

"Sab kuch itna saaf hai, garden bhi last time jaisa nahi hai. Kya aunty uncle wapas aa gaye? Lekin aate to aunty mujhe call karti na." She mumbled to herself.

Sameer looped an arm around her shoulder, "Last time tum ghar ki condition dekh ke upset ho gayi thi. Isliye maine Kishore se baat karke maali ko regular aane ke liye bol diya tha... jisse hum jab bhi aaye, garden pehle jaisa mile tumhe."

She gave him an amazed look. In spite of knowing him for so long, she was still shocked at his gesture. During their previous visit, she had been sad at the state of garden, but never mentioned to him. He had seen the gloom in her eyes, and went ahead to rid her of it. She lifted her heels and wrapped her arms around his neck, giving a tight hug.

"Oh madam, romance ka mood hai toh andar chalte hain na. Yahan sabke saamne... waise mujhe koi problem nahi hai." He grinned, encircling her waist to hold her in an equally tight embrace.

It was his turn to be surprised when she gave him a kiss on the cheek before drawing back, and smiled gratefully, "I love you so much."

He narrowed his eyes, giving a suggestive smirk, "Prove it."

She punched his chest lightly, and ran up the stairs, but not before he noticed the rush of colour on her face. With a wide grin, he followed her.

When Naina gently picked up the necklace from the box she had taken out from bottom drawer of her closet, she had to blink hard to clear the blurry sight. This was the first time she was checking it after her parents were gone. She never had the heart to open the box after them.

Sameer took the necklace from her, and placed it against her neck, tilting his head to admire it. Then he joined his index finger with his thumb, raising his brows in appreciation, "Mumma ki choice toh kamaal hai. It's a beautiful design. Ab mujhe yakeen ho gaya ki woh mujhe zarur choose karti."

Naina let out a small laugh at his self praise, but agreed with him. Her mom would have readily chosen Sameer for her... he was the best.

She noticed something else in the box. In a small pouch, wrapped in a silk cloth, there was a gold chain. It belonged to her father. She hadn't noticed when he had stopped wearing it, but it was definitely put in the box by her mom. She recalled Dhruv's sister's marriage, when his parents had gifted a gold chain to their son in law. Her father would have got something like this for Sameer had he been here to witness their marriage. Looking at the similar piece in her hand, she wondered if it was kept here as a sign...