Apertment on the 4th floor

Summary: Aaliyah got the wrong apartment number so she barged into Niall's flat instead of Shawn's.

Type: kinda story (1342 words)

AALIYAH'S POV.

I was dragging my heavy suitcase down the street, reading something on my phone when Shawn finally texted me his apartment number.

Now that I was finally 18 I decided to live with Shawn, as we planned. Our parents kicked him out when he told them he wasn't straight.

He tried hiding it for so long, lying, asking his friend Camila to fake being his girlfriend, and so on.

I was sad and started planing with Shawn to live together once I will go to college, so he found an apartment close to it. He and Camila were living together, but she was soon going to move in with her girlfriend, so it was a perfect opportunity.

As I was nearing his apartment building, I stopped in a cafe to get coffee for us three and decided why not take four. This was just the type of person I was.

I opened the heavy doors of the apartment building and walked into the elevator. Everything looked kind of fancy, so I had no idea how Shawn is going to afford it with his salary and the money I will get from school.

The elevator took me to the 4th floor, but I was already too far judging by the apartment's numbers. Someone opened their door but I was almost on the 3rd floor already.

I found the number Shawn sent me and didn't mind knocking and just walked in. I was confused when I didn't see Shawn or even hear Camila. What I did hear was my phone which dinged (lol is that even a word?).

I pulled it out and saw a message from Shawn saying: lmao, you were already here why did you go down?

Shit.

I almost turned and went out when a man walked into the living room, from what I assumed was his bedroom.

Shit again.

"Hey, can I help you?" He asked in a thick Irish accent and calm. Too calm for me. I was scared but there was something that made me trust him. Weird I know. He had short brunette hair and a smile on his face.

"Sorry, my brother gave me the wrong apartment number" then I remembered the extra coffee and thought: why the hell not?

So I asked: "would you like to join me, my brother and his friend for coffee?"

"Hahaha, how do I know you don't want to kill me?" He asked laughing but he nodded and I chuckled too. Judging by his posters of Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and Lady Gaga, I just did something for my brother.

We walked out of his apartment and I glanced at my phone then concluded my bro meant 29 and not 19. We walked up the stairs and then to the (I hope) right apartment and knocked.

"Hope I got it right now," I said quietly but loud enough for the man to hear and he laughed a little. I now became aware that I didn't know his name yet. But before I could ask Shawn opened the door.

"No Shawn I didn't get kidnapped or pulled to space by aliens," I said replying to his message from earlier. He pulled me in a hug and then looked behind me, confusion written all over his face. Only now did he realize that man behind me wasn't someone random who was just walking by.

"Who is that?" He whispered in my ear before letting me go.

"Because you gave me the wrong apartment number, I walked into his apartment instead I invited him over for coffee I brought for you and Camila,"

I replied looking at Shawn who probably thought I was on drugs or something but still extended his hand and said:

"Shawn."

"Niall," said Niall back and Shawn let us both in while I was already thinking what could their ship name be? Niawn perhaps? I looked around the apartment and noticed it was really quiet.

"Where's Camila?" I asked while we got seated around a small table in their living room. I looked at Shawn already predicting his answer when he turned to me.

"She's at Laurens. She'll be back any moment now." He smiled at me but quickly turned his attention to Niall and started a conversation.

With them talking, blushing, and slightly flirting I felt like Taylor Swift when she went out with Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik.

As Shawn said, the door opened soon enough, and laughing Camila came in. I jumped to hug her and greeted her while she looked confused over who is the stranger in our living room.

She sat down while Shawn and Niall were still chatting too caught up in their conversation to notice us. Camila and I started our conversation too while looking at them.

"So, who is he?" Camila asked looking like she was ready to pull out a knife and kill anyone who is dangerous or at least looks like they are. I smiled thinking about what I will reply.

"Short story shorter, I met him when I walked into his apartment because Shawn gave me the wrong apartment number." It got me wondering who keeps their doors unlocked, even slightly open.

But hey, it looked like Shawn quite enjoyed it. Camila and I then talked about everything and anything we could, when Shawn and Niall finally turned their attention to us too. We stopped talking because I sensed Shawn was going to say something.

"Hey, Aaliyah. I'm going to go with Niall to his apartment, while Camila will help you settle in." I nodded to shocked to do anything else and before I could blink Niall and Shawn were already out the door. Camila and I went to her old room and sat on the bed.

There were just a couple of boxes that Camila didn't carry out yet. I wondered how long Shawn is going to be there while I leaned my head on Camila's shoulder.

"Do you think they are fucking?" I asked out of nowhere, thinking Camila is the one who will know the best. I looked at her while she laughed her face off giving me an answer already.

"Shawn? Fucking? Right after he met someone? This three don't go together. I am shocked he even talked to Niall today." That was true. Shawn was now 23 and he only lost his virginity when he was around 21. I was like 17 but don't tell that to Shawn cause he'll freak out.

It is funny. Shawn is cute and hot, you can't deny that. But he has trust issues too. Oh shit.

"What if Shawn is going to get too attached to Niall? What if it won't go well? What if he will end up with a broken heart?" I looked at Camila but before she could answer that I heard Shawn.

"You know I am the older sibling right? I should be worried about your love life and not the other way around. " He smiled at me then his expression got serious real fast. "What were you thinking tho when you invited a stranger into our apartment? Why did you do it?" Our apartment. That sounded nice.

"ObViOuSlY, I wanted to set you up on a date," I said in a joke but we all knew there was some truth in it. Even if I didn't intend for it to happen it looks like we are closer than I thought.

"Well, judging by a smile on Shawns face I think it's safe to assume you succeeded," Camila finally spoke up while smirking at Shawn who came to us and flopped down on the bed. He chuckled a little and winked at us, causing us both to laugh with him.

I was happy. Like really happy. I was happy for Shawn. I still had no idea how Shawn got enough confidence to actually say yes to the date. As I looked at Camila and Shawn lightly shoving each other I knew no matter what they are always going to be here for me. I loved them.

And after a couple of months, Shawn and I got a new "roommate". I loved seeing (not a word, I know) them love each other more and more every day. Camila and Lauren got married and adopted a cute baby boy that we all loved and adored. Sure there were nights when it was really loud, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.