Without a warning, the house, Rachel and Gar, everything fell away. With just that one touch, Dick was no longer standing in front of Blair, begging her to wake up. He was in Gotham again... and it was burning.

********

It took a minute for Dick to adjust his eyes, blinking through smoke and ash. Everything was burning, but he could see enough to know he was standing in some factory. The factory itself was on fire, just as the rest of the city was. Blair was here somewhere. She was here and she was scared. He could feel it, like they were his own emotions.

"Blair?" He called out, moving through the building. "Blair, where are you?" The silence was deafening.

Dick walked through the fire, hissing in surprise when it burned him. This wasn't his nightmare, but he had forgotten what Rachel had said to him in his. If he died here, he died out there. He could be hurt just the same.

On the other side of the flames, he finally found Blair on the ground, her head hung low, "Blair?"

She didn't respond, she didn't even look up at his voice, she just stayed on the ground, holding two bodies close. He couldn't tell who they were. "Blair!" He tried again. "It's me!"

Blair refused to look up, but she finally spoke, her voice low and hollow, "Go away."

He took another step forward, finally able to see who she was holding so tightly. There in her arms lay both Jason and him. Seeing his own dead body was surreal, seeing his little sister holding it, having it be her nightmare was worse than seeing her dead in his because it wasn't something he could promise would never happen... but he could wake her up.

"Blair, come on, snap out of this!" Dick exclaimed, lowering himself to her level. "You're stronger than this, you're better than this!"

"How would you know?" She snapped, finally looking up. Her face was covered in so much blood, he knew it couldn't have been all hers. "Maybe I'm not, maybe this is who I am."

Dick glanced over her shoulder, seeing Bruce dressed as Batman with a sword through his chest. A wave of surprise washed over him, "You killed Batman."

"I did what I had to." Blair shrugged, her eyes just as dark as they were out of her head. "I had to end it, I had to end the fucking cycle. He was too afraid, he couldn't fucking end it, even after everything they've done."

Dick followed her gaze to Jonathan Crane's body, his eyes wide like he had actually died out of fear. A little ways away, he didn't find Joker's body, but his head, mouth still twisted up in his final laugh. There were bodies scattered everywhere, most looking exactly like Crane. He had no idea how, but Blair had done it... at least, she had in her mind.

"Why does it matter to you anyway?" She snapped, glaring at him. She knew everything she had done would have a toll. She didn't know she was going to start seeing ghosts. "You aren't real."

Dick grabbed her bloodstained face, forcing her to look at him, "I'm real."

"Get away from me." Blair snarled, shoving him away from her roughly. "Touch me again and you'll find out what happens to clay when it meets fire."

Clayface. She thought he was Clayface. She thought this was real and he didn't blame her. He had thought it was real too.

"Blair Luna Wilde," He practically yelled. He didn't know what else to do to snap her out of this nightmare. "Look at me!" To his surprise, she listened, slowly shifting her gaze back to him.

Blair didn't know if it was the way he used her full name or the way he refused to move, but she couldn't help but listen to him.

"I would never, ever hurt you. Never." He promised. "You are my baby sister, I love you and I know this is not you."