The beginning

The secret was out but it was all unclear.
Someone was betraying the Royal family. Secrets were slowly being lured out but they could never suspect who. The family full of smiles became one full of betrayal. Desperately the king seeked for detective but with everyone providing their own it was hard to trust them.

After hearing the news a young women threw the doors open and entered the room where the king tried to look calm. The guards were behind her and her dress dragged across across floor. First impression was good looking and elegant from her behaviour. She didn't allow her gaze to go up in order to not anger the king who was keen to have everyone respect him. Once she reached near him she slowly bowed down in respect. The king felt a ammused.
"What is this?" He asked. The women sought her chance to get back up. This time she locked eyes with the king.
"I am a detective from a far who has heard about these so call rumours and happy to lay them to rest if you wish" she explained.
"What makes you believe I need your service?" he questioned.
"It would be hard to trust those around here but I am not. My judgement will be fair and unbiased. Also I act in a best manner just as a male would" she informed. He looked at her in confusion but she kept her eyes locked with his.
"Isn't that what you were thinking?" She wondered pretending she hasn't picked up on his body language. For a while she understood he was staring at her for her looks. Her words seemed to go over his head since all he would do was nod. He clearly wasn't paying attention to her because he didn't feel impressed as he would have if she was a a male. He didn't take her seriously till now. The king wasnt fazed by her so with each passing second he was ready to throw her out. With pressure on the back of her head she needed to push it further. "As a king you need to make sure this is dealt with before anything else is revealed. What have you got to lose with me too? Provide me just one chance to prove my worth" she pleaded. He frowned at the thought but she looked firm that it would happen. Eventually he asked about payment. She refused telling him she only wanted what was best for the people and he was more happier with her answer. With that in mind he was willing to take her on.
"You have a week and be here tonight to look around" the king ordered placing pressure on the detective already. Her mind froze for a second that it was so sudden but her head accepted. She was escorted out by a servant this time as the guards remained where they were. Tonight was a ball for the King and Queens anniversary which the whole kingdom was invited expect the peasants. The detective walked along with the servant who wondered if they could speak.
"If you got something on your mind say it" the detective sighed scared incase the servent would burst at any moment.
"Are you not scared what will happen if you fail your task!" The servant whispered. The detective gave it a thought but shook her head.
"Well have you got anyone in mind?" She asked.
"I don't but I think you should ask the queen's sister as she knows all gossip but recently she has been keeping her mouth shut in fear of accusation" the servant advised.
"So not the king himself" the detective asked.
"The king is a scary person but I don't think so" the servant told.
"He is a cheapsake" the detective complained which the response she was given was a gasp. She turned towards the servant who looked ready to tell. The detective leaned in.
"I'm more scarier though so if you mention a word of this conversation to anyone I will blame you instead" she threatened. The servant nodded suddenly and kept their mouth shut. The detective felt bad so on her way out she handed over a bag of coins.
"Sorry for scaring you but please keep quiet" she told. The servant glanced around before opening the bag which they eyes lit up with joy. They nodded with excitement and the detective felt more assured they would remain secretive.
"See you tonight" the servant waved which the detective did back.

The detective made her way down the village and to her house. It was a shed and nothing else. She borrowed it off someone who lived in the area. She expected herself to be invited to events as today. In preparation she brought herself a fancy gown. It would make her stand out a lot but everyone would be trying to out do each other. Before getting dressed she wondered about the servant's advise. Clearly the sister may have been involved but what gain could she get out of it. The thought echoed in the detective's mind but all secrets were spilt through the town. It had to be someone here who gathered secrets from the castle. She left her house and went down to the local bar. It was full of men but it was where honestly lay. She sat down already started being approached by men. Anyone who tried to come near without a reason was flashed by her dagger. They stared at her in fear but she smiled right back therefore they would immediately run away. She hid the dagger back inside her dress.
"What business do you have here?" She heard from one of the workers.
"I'm wondering about the family's secret" she told.
"What about them? I'm glad the secrets are getting revealed like the Queen in her younger years had a affair. It makes them humbled don't you think?"
"Yeah but who found out?"
"Beats me but it started around here. I'm waiting for the next one!" The worker expressed with delight. The detective went around town spotting out for people who looked shady. In the crowd she felt someone staring at her so her eyes darted right to the spot only to see no one there. She wondered if her mind could be playing tricks on her so she shook the thought away.