Chapter Twelve- The Smartest Witch Of Our Age

Start from the beginning

A frown crosses Talitha's face as she focuses just on Remus. 'Why are you so shocked?'

Remus shakes his head in disbelief. 'Because you are gay!'

Talitha rolls her eyes at Remus, grinning at his remark. 'I've never seen you show so much emotion before. Normally you have this brooding look on your face.'

'Talitha Black is bisexual. Oh my god. You are so gay!' Remus remarks a surprised smile on his lips.

'Shut it wolfie.'

'What did you just say?' Remus chokes out. His smile disappears from his face as he looks at Talitha in shock.

'You heard me.' Talitha replies miming a wolf cry.

'What! What?! How do you even know?! This is... oh my god... this is bad...' Remus stutters out.

'Relax. I've known since first year.' Talitha says, interrupting Remus and his stuttering.

'What!' Remus whisper yells, realising that he cannot be too loud in the library.

'Yup.' Talitha replies popping the 'p' on the end.

'But how?' Remus asks.

'They don't call me the smartest witch of my age for nothing!' Talitha exclaims. 'I remember you came into Dumbledore's office in first year, he requested a meeting with you. Neither you or Dumbledore knew I was in there. And that's when I heard everything I needed to know.'

'Oh my god.' Remus says as he lets out a sigh.

As if a big weight had been lifted from his shoulders, he sank back into his seat. He couldn't believe Talitha knew.

All this time she knew and never said anything.

For some strange reason Remus felt safe in the company of Talitha Black.

'I don't know who this god person is but please refrain from using their name, Sirius wouldn't be too impressed.' Talitha says sternly, folding her arms.

Remus laughs at this. 'And everyone's sure that you are the smartest witch.'

'I joke! Believe it or not I can joke.' Talitha replies her faux stern face disappearing as she smiles.

'Oh I can believe it.'

A silence falls between them before Talitha speaks again.

'You've changed quite a bit since then. You had bald hair, and this danger to you. Like you could explode at any moment. You were so damaged. But now you are different.'

'Different?' Remus questions.

'Yes, you have this calmness to you.'

Remus chuckles. 'You should see the other guy, then you'd realise there is so calmness to me.'

'That isn't you. You said it yourself. He's the other guy. And nobody wants to be the other guy.' Talitha states.

'No I suppose your right.'

'You won't believe me though. You've been conditioned to hate yourself. I think that's why I feel at ease with you. We've both been taught to hate ourselves, so no matter what we'll always find a part to hate.' Talitha says staring at Remus, taking in the scars covering his face.

He's so beautiful she thought. She felt herself drawn to him, as if he was the other part of her.

Only platonically Talitha thought, she knew that they were kindred spirits and in another life they would have been the best of friends.