Chapter Eighteen

• Dedicated to Derek A Otterson

Chapter Eighteen

While I was waiting for whoever it was that wished to see my life end before it even began I decided to meditate hoping it would calm both half’s of myself. My wolf wanted revenge for the death of my father from so long ago and my vampire wanted her revenge against a grandmother I never knew but had hurt my mother before I was even born.

I could feel everyone in Carlos’s pack when he was masquerading as the man who helped create half of my genetics surround me as if they felt the need to defend me. I felt my mother Clara somewhere in the forest high in the trees waiting on something. Now whether or not her aim was to kill me in what I would later call a war zone or if her goal was to kill as many as she could before finally succumbing to her death to join Derek in what we all hoped was an afterlife for us all, I had no idea.

But what I did know was all I felt was nothing. I felt no pain knowing that the man I once knew as a brother had truly died that day so long ago, what was worse was finding out he was my father which should have brought some type of feelings inside of me. My vampire was angry and my wolf wanted blood shed but I felt nothing, when I should have felt something.

I knew it was irrational that my vampire and wolf were a part of me, yes they had their own personalities but at the end of the day they were me so why couldn’t I feel the pain and the anger they were feeling? But for the life of me I could still feel no closer to the truth then the enemy would ever get to me.

What the pack didn’t know was that I had contacted someone when I had found just a few minutes of peace and quiet and called a witch that my father had known when I was just a small child. I remembered the stories about her and how Derek had once said that out of every single super natural creature he had ever met she was the worst in the most evil kind of way but she was his friend and every once in a while she would help him.

Now being almost an adult myself I had found her number in a box that I had brought with me from the old pack. It was a small box that held everything my father had ever given me as a small child. It wasn’t very big but like the police box from my favorite television show Dr. Who size didn’t matter. It was about five inches in width and in length but when you opened it that’s where the secret was.

The outside was red with a gold borderline and on the front it had a black rose on the lid. I never thought anything of it till now. I guess he knew what I would become even then, I just wished he had told me so I could have had some hope. But back to my special box, a normal person could open it and it would seem like this very small box big enough to maybe fit a couple of rings and maybe a necklace and that would be about it.

But when I opened it the box was bigger than it seemed. I could literally reach my hand in and touch the bottom and it went all the way to my shoulder. It was really cool and I loved it but for something so cool always came with a price. The price was just a drop of my blood on the rose to open it. For some that price would seem like nothing but after a while it became a huge pain in my ass. Don’t get me wrong it made things easier to hide like my journals and other important things that I didn’t want others to find but after pricking your finger you start to feel like my box was more vampire than I was right now.

I heard what I would guess my pack getting restless while trying to hide the fact that they were there and I wanted to shake my head. Ever since my shift I could hear, smell and feel ten times stronger than any wolf or vampire and a part of me wanted to smile. A few of the braver ones whispered Alpha towards me and knew that most of them felt that I was now their Alpha but I never wanted the job and didn’t know how to tell them. For god’s sake I just turned sixteen today and felt I had no right trying to be a leader of one of the biggest packs in the world.