"No!!" He exclaimed. "Oh God please no!"

She chuckled. "Come here." She motioned him closer as she tightly wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

He hugged her back tightly and closed his eyes. This felt right.

He placed his chin on her head and held her there in his arms not daring to let go. He'd never ever let go again.

She didn't seem to mind because she didn't try to pull away. Instead, she held on to him tightly, her eyes closed too and she stayed motionless for a long time just like him.

When they eventually did pull away she spoke up, "Im sorry I treated you the way I did when you came to meet me. I should have done this instead...But then I was...you know..mad at you....and there were so many people there...I couldn't.."

He smiled gratefully. Maybe if he helped her he could quicken the way to earning her forgiveness.

"Is that why you didn't slap me either?"

She shrugged.

He laughed seeing an opportunity. "Do it now!"

"What? No!"

"Come on! Do it! I'm asking you to."

She laughed but shook her head.

"It's okay.." He said playfully. "You can slap me. I know you want to!" He laughed.

She laughed too. "No! I don't want to.."

"What do you want?" He asked her sincerely.

She shut her eyes, "I want you to never have left!" She replied softly.

He smiled sadly. "I know...Come here."

He held her lower arm, guiding it to slap him. "It'll make you feel better. Just do it." He persuaded.

She smiled allowing him to move her hand but slowed it down so she ended with her hand gently tapping his cheek. She cupped his cheek and gently brushed it with her thumb. "There. I slapped you. You happy now."

He pressed her hand further against his cheek and leaned into her touch. He knew he wasn't supposed to let her see but he was tired. He just wanted to go back to the way things used to be! And more!

"I'm happy" he whispered.

She smiled. "It's good to have you back." She whispered.

He smiled. "Thank you for letting me come back."

She nodded. "I still can't shake off the weirdness of you being Cole Meyers though." She said awkwardly.

"I don't wanna be Cole Meyers with you, Jane. I want to be Edmond....I want things to go back to the way they used to be. I wish there was something I could do. Anything! Just so things would go back to before." He looked at her desperately.

She breathed deeply. "I want that too."

He looked on hopefully but not daring to speak.

She swallowed. "Okay."

"Okay?" He whispered

"You promise not to leave again?" She asked him.

He nodded vigorously. "I promise. I promise. I promise!!" He replied passionately.

She bit her lip. "Fine." She said. "I forgive you." She smiled.

He let go of her hand. "Really??" He asked excitedly.

She shrugged. "You dare leave again, I promise you I will find a way to kill you!"

He laughed. "We have a deal!" He couldn't believe it.