I love you |Karlnap

Start from the beginning

He couldn't help but overthink. He's always overthinking, and usually Karl calmed him down and reassured him, but Karl isn't there to do that this time.

"maybe I could just text him" Sapnap mumbles aloud.

The ravenette pulls out his phone and clicks on his lover's contact.

He doesn't expect the brunette to write back in the next minute since he wouldn't be looking at his phone while at the store, but if he doesn't respond soon Sapnap will still overthink.

Sapnap sends the text, and anxiously waits for Karl to reply, but there was nothing.

Sapnap's leg continues to bounce up and down as he continues to grow more anxious.

He sighs and puts his hands over his face, trying to calm himself down.

Watching as the clock ticks by every minute. Why is the time going so slow, why has the whole world slowed down.

Something doesn't feel right.

Sapnap turns on his phone and sees that Karl hasn't even seen the message and decides to call him.

the first ring goes through his ears.

"pick up, pick up, pick up" he mumbles.

the second ring.

still no answer.

Sapnap bites his lip, hoping Karl is okay.

the third ring goes.

nothing.

the call goes to voicemail.

Sapnap slowly lowers his phone from his ear. Trying to convince himself that Karl is okay.

The ravenette goes to Karl's room, looking through the papers on his desk. Not really expecting to find anything, but he looks anyway.

As he moves the papers around he finds a yellow sticky note, with a paragraph written on it.

He picks it up and starts to read

To, the love of my life
if you've found this it already happened
I didn't want to have to say goodbye like this.
But it's getting too hard.
Life isn't worth all this pain
you make me so happy, trust me, but I can't do this anymore.
I've been silently suffering for too long,
if I haven't told you I love you yet, then I'm an idiot.
so, I love you sapnap, you made life worth living.

Sapnap begins to tear up, Karl couldn't possibly be gone, maybe he can still stop this from happening.

Sapnap runs out of the room grabbing his phone to call Karl again, he quickly puts on his shoes, heart racing, lips quivering, legs shaking.

Karl took the car so he has to run.

run to wherever Karl might be, Sapnap only has one guess, so he better get it right.

maybe the cliff by the forest, or maybe the bridge by the public park.

Where could Karl be, where would he do this.

Sapnap bursts into tears, trying to find out where Karl could be.

He frantically calls Karl again and again, but each time it goes to voicemail.

Sapnap can only hope that Karl is still alive.

Hope that he can save him in time.

He sprints to the bridge by the park, hoping that's where Karl might be, if he guessed wrong his lover's life would be on the line.

Vision going blurry, his legs almost giving up on him, but he makes it to the bridge.

Running onto the bridge he calls for Karl.

"KARL" he screams.

throat hurting from crying and running all that way, leaving himself no time to breathe.

Sapnap runs off the bridge finding a group of people on the other side.

"have you seen a boy with brown hair and grey eyes, he was wearing a purple sweater and black ripped jeans" Sapnap says, tears still flowing down his cheeks.

the person he asked looks at him with widened eyes, their expression quickly turning to a look of sorrow.

Sapnap looks around at the other people, and sees one of them on their phone, calling someone.

"I'm so sorry honey, I'm afraid your friend has passed" the person finally responded.

Then it clicked, that person wasn't just calling anyone, they were calling an ambulance, for Karl.

The ravenette freezes, he can't believe his ears, or his eyes. he lowers his body to the ground, and closes his eyes. He blocks out all the noise and silently cries.

It turns out that Karl's first I love you was also his last.

________
words: 1377

Author's note: This one is sad, but you all have to suffer with me. For whatever reason I really like writing angst and there will probably be a lot of it in the up coming chapters, just a heads up