Chapter Two: Meet-Up

I woke up at 10am. An hour before I meet up with Mikey.

"Might as well look good for him," I shrugged as I got ready.
I took a shower, brushed my hair, and put it in a ponytail, then brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen. My parents weren't there, but they left a note.

"Good morning, sweetie. We'll be home at 8pm. Get home by 7:30pm. We aren't mad anymore, just don't do it again. Love you."

Phew! At least they weren't mad. I'm quite happy about that.
I went outside and went straight to the park, sitting on the same swings he poured his heart out to me on, I waited.
It was 10:53am, so he should be here soon.
A few minutes later he arrived.
"Good morning, Amari-Chin!" He said happily.
"Good morning to you too, Mikey," I responded.
"So, what're our plans for today?" I asked as he sat down on the swing next to me.
"Well, we could go to the amusement park. It just opened today.." he said quietly, almost like he was embarrassed of his suggestion.

"Yeah, sure!" I said cheerfully, trying to not make him feel bad.

It really wasn't a bad idea, I haven't gone to one in awhile.

"Alright, follow me!" He said, and started walking away.

I followed him, looking at him as I walked alongside him, I noticed that he was way shorter than me, I found that quite funny.
Though as I was admiring him, I did notice something, a strange tattoo on his neck.

"Hey, what's that tattoo on your neck?" I asked him.
"Oh. That's the symbol of my gang. My brother's earring."
"Oh! Cool. Where is he now? Is he in it?"
"He's dead, he died a few years ago."

Oh my god! I forgot, I'm so ignorant! He just said all of his siblings died; way to go.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot. I'm so stupid—"
"It's fine."

The walk was silent after that.

A F E W M I N U T E S L A T E R

We finally arrived, as we entered it, I noticed how bright it was. Lights everywhere, colors all around, and kid screaming.

"So, what do you wanna do first?" He looked at me and asked, grinning widely.
"Hm, wanna go get food? I'm a bit hungry," I reply, pointing to the twenty food stands adjacent to each other.
"Yeah, sure," he says as he goes to one.

Following him, we bumped into many people, who none apologized.
Then, we made it to a dorayaki stand; an interesting food choice.

"Do you want one?" He asked, handing me one.
"Uh, sure."

He grabbed three more for him, then left.

"Aren't we supposed to pay?" I asked as we were walking to a table, concerned for the fact that we basically stole something.
"No."
"Oh, okay..."
(sus mikey)
We then sat down next to each other, and ate the weird food.
Suprisingly, it wasn't half bad.

"Hey," I start with food shoved in my mouth, "should we go on rides now?"
"Sure, why not?" He replies as he gets up and heads over to a roller coaster.

First we went on a roller coaster.

He stayed silent but had a huge grin on his face the whole time, personally, I don't like these kinds of rides, but seeing him happy on it made me enjoy it a little more than I usually do.

Next, we went to one of those shooting games and won a bunch of stuffed animals and junk we're never going to use in our short lifetime.
(not ai foreshadowing)

Last, we went on the ferris wheel.

"Are you having fun?" I ask him as we get in, hoping that he'd say yes.
"Mmh, this is the most fun I've had in a long time!" He replies with a smile on his face.

I was so happy to hear that, I'm really happy that he had a great time.

I still felt bad about yesterday, so I tried to make this day really fun for him, and it worked!

He were silent for a bit, until we got to the top, and Mikey stood up.

"Wanna go to the festival with me?" He asked, holding out his hand to me.