Chapter 12

When Jasmine walked away, she went to the lab to work on some theories. She searched all night through every single file (including SSR files) that have any information on the monolith, even if it only briefly mentioned it. She got so tired she fell asleep at the laptop. In the morning, May was the first one to see Jasmine asleep in the lab. May walked over to Jasmine and gently tapped her shoulder 'Jas.' She whispered. Jasmine shot up with a start. 'Hey, it's just me.' 'Ughh, I must have fallen asleep.' Jasmine said wiping her eyes and turning the laptop back on. 'What are you doing?' May asked in a stern voice. 'I'm continuing my search.' Jasmine said logging in. 'Jas, she's gone. I'm sorry but you need to accept that.' May said sitting on a chair next to her. 'No mum she's not. She can't be because' Jasmine started but cut herself off. 'Because what?' 'Nothing it doesn't matter. I'm going out.' Jasmine said standing up. 'Where are you going?' May said following her lead and standing up. 'I am going to talk to talk with this gang that might have something on the monolith.' Jasmine replied walking out of the lab. May followed and ran ahead to stop her, 'Woah, woah, woah. What gang?' 'I don't know, some gang.' 'Jasmine this could be dangerous.' May said. 'I don't care. Now let me go.' 'I can't do that.' May replied keeping her own. 'Fine if you won't let me go,' Jasmine started pulling a gun out of a holster and holding it to May, 'I'll force you.' 'You're not going to shoot me.' May replied. 'You're right I won't shoot you but,' Jasmine turned the gun on herself, 'I would shoot myself.' May's expression suddenly changed. 'Jas, put the gun down.' May pleaded and the team walking out of the common room. 'What's going on here?' Coulson spoke up. Jasmine turned around with tears in her eyes. 'Jas, what are you doing?' Fitz spoke. 'I need to leave and go find this gang but mum won't let me.' 'Jasmine just put the gun down.' Bobbi said. 'No and you're all going to let me leave or I will shoot.' Jasmine said backing up towards the door. No one stopped her because they knew she wasn't bluffing. Jasmine scanned her badge and left. 'May care to explain what just happened.' Coulson asked. 'She was up most of the night on her laptop looking at files and then she said something about getting a lead on a gang she knew nothing about, I wouldn't let her leave then she threatened to shoot herself.' May replied. 'Simmons has been gone a day and she's already losing herself. We have to before she goes beyond help.' Daisy said. 'Yeah, but how?' Yo-Yo spoke. 'I don't know. She's in denial.' May said. 'We'll wait until she gets back and then we'll talk to her.' Coulson said.