Chapter 2

'Anu, when is karthika returning?' my appa asked amma while we were having breakfast.

'oh its Friday, atharv is going to pick her up and everything is arranged'

I was excited as my sister was coming back. I haven't seen her in two years and now I'll finally be able to spend some time with her. She was a fashion designer at London. She always wanted to work abroad,even though she was shy. My parents were against that idea as they didn't want her to be away from them but still agreed. Akka has never been close to us, she always preferred to be alone. She was a bit distant with us, it was more like a very formal relationship with her. But nonetheless she was my sister and I love her no matter what. My sister was quite taller than me and she was curvy where as I was thin and flat. She was the nerd where as I barely managed to pass college.

Friday arrived quickly and atharv Anna had already gone to pick akka from the airport. Amma made all of akka's favourite dishes and the whole house was in an uproar. After fews mins, akka came and immediately she was greeted by hugs. Akka hasn't changed even a bit, she looked still the same shy traditional girl. After all our happy re union moments, finally she went to her room.

The next few days passed in a blur. My career was, I would say hanging by a thread. I maybe the daughter of great anaditha but I wasn't my mom right. I was learning only now. And today I had a serious case to attend and with so many worries I left to work. My mind was all fuzzy after my first case. It was against some corporate business man for violating some industrial rules. The nerve of that man for not even turning up for the hearing. He had sent his PA, to attend the hearing instead of him. Anyways they had to postpone the case for some time. Don't ask me why,cz that's how courts work. It was tiring, he had obviously managed to hire one of the best lawyer in the city and I was a bit nervous the whole time. I respected my opposition lawyer so much and now fighting against him was a bit too much for me to handle. I didn't want to lose the case as well, but he was really good with his points. I was so worn out mentally and physically by the time I came home.

And then I saw my whole family seated and discussing something.

'hello guys' I greeted them and sat next to appa.

' shravu is everything okay, you look exhausted kanna' my mom asked me worriedly.

' nothing amma just a tiring case, which is eating my brains but I'll manage' I said sighing.

' all right, then go and freshen up, ill make tea for you'

As soon as I heard the word tea my face brightened and I ran to my room.
After having a quick relaxing shower, my mood somewhat brightened and I walked to the kitchen as I sniffed the aroma of masala tea. Mmm I hugged my mother and kissed her cheek and said ' amma you make the best tea' and i took a sip of the hot tea. As soon as the hot liquid touched my taste buds, it felt like heaven. After enjoying my tea, I watched my favourite drama idhu kadhala ( iss pyar ko kya naam doon 1). I love this drama only because of My ashwin my crush and started ogling at that handsome man. How can someone be this hot? I hated watching soap operas but this one I loved it and it wasn't that dramatic so it was okay. Atharv Anna came from somewhere and snatched the remote.

'eew shortie, what are you watching? No wonder you are dramatic'

'give that back to me' I yelled as he changed the channel to some wrestling shit.

'dont you have to text your girlfriend this time?' I yelled as I was trying to reach the remote.

'shortie shut up, I'll break your bones if you utter another word' he whisper yelled, still keeping the remote out of my reach.

'if you don't give me the remote this instance I'm gonna shout now' I blackmailed him. It always works you know.

My brother was dating this girl from college, now around 7 years. She was very ambitious and she wanted to help her family and therefore she didn't want to get married now. And atharv Anna respected her and supported her. That's my boy. I just love them both. I have spoken to her and she seems to be such a nice girl.

'fine you little demonic shortie' and he gave me the remote back.

After watching the drama peacefully I went back to my room and did some paperwork. I decided to have a chat with my sister. We caught up on many things and I realised she was more outgoing than she used to be. She told me how much she missed me and the guys. Then we decided to have a small siblings outing that weekend.

Two weeks passed, and my parents had started talking about my sister's marriage. When they asked her if she liked someone she told them no. So now here they were happily looking for alliances. Even I was excited, my akka is getting married. Yay it means I can dress up and there will be lots and lots of food. With all this excitement, the postponed case was also due this coming Thursday. I gathered enough information to sue that company, but still I was worried. I still didn't give up, i kept working on it for days. I badly wanted to win this case. If I did win this, its going to be a big break through in my career, it'll help me build my own law firm. I was really career oriented, my independence was totally based on how I develop my career. I wanted to be a free bird with wings and I wanted to fly higher. Maybe today I'm still struggling but one day I'll definitely reach the sky. I know that. I'm confident and I trust my self.

Thursday came quickly and I was quite early. I and yadhav took our respective seats and we waited for the magistrate. My opposition lawyer Mr Devaraj had already taken his seat and there he was whispering points to his junior lawyer prabhu. But prabhu was busy stealing glances at me. The nerve of that man, I knew that he was hitting on me but I simply refused his advances. He wasn't even my type. For my eyes he was an ugly piglet. Come on I didn't mean his looks but his personality, yes, he was one who of the most notorious play boys I have ever known. Girls are always smitten by him. How come? Oh maybe because he got his looks. Even now I can see two girls looking at him. Gross.. I scrunched my face and looked at the case file. I was too busy reading the file that I failed to notice a presence. Only when I heard one of the girls squeal, I lifted my eyes. There stood a giant shaking hands with Mr devaraj. That was one of the most hottest man that I've ever laid my eyes on. He was more handsome than my ashwin. He was wearing an expensive suit and shades. They were whispering something to each other. I looked at him curiously, is this that arrogant man. I think its him. Prabhu looked annoyed as the girls didn't even spare him a glance. I smiled victoriously, serves him right.

Heyyy guysss how was this chapter? Sorry for making yall wait! I was busy with my college work! Please vote if u like this and appreciate my work😊
Don't forget to leave ur feed back! And I have edited the plot slightly

Love yall